Saturday, November 06, 2010

Sing Along Saturday

I thought that sharing a few of the songs that I have been listening to lately might be fun. So today is Sing Along Saturday! If I'm going to do this more often I might even make a banner thing, and invite others to participate since I can never have too much music and I'm always looking for something new.

So in no particular order here are a few songs that I have been listening to a lot lately.

"On the Wings of a Snow White Dove" by Ferlin Husky
I've been listening to this a lot lately since it reminds me of Grandpa Nelson. I've really been missing him. I've realized lately that I haven't been dealing with his death well. But that's a whole different blog entry. The old style country is what Grandpa used to love. This song makes me feel closer to Grandpa somehow. And yes, it was played at his funeral.



"Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd
Growing up Dad used to listen to a lot of Pink Floyd and for the past couple of years or so I've been listening to more and more of it. "Comfortably Numb" has become part of playlists a lot recently.


"Runaway" by Love and Theft
This song has made my rotation since some days I would love to just sell everything, pack my bags and drive off to a new place. I think most people have that dream that they can just do that....


"Felt Good on my Lips" by Tim McGraw
This is a new song that I just love to sing around too! It sounds so different than most of Tim McGraw's songs, but it makes me just want to crank the music and sing.


"All I Want for Christmas is a Real Good Tan" by Kenny Chesney
Yes, I have been listening to Christmas music already. I just love me some Christmas Music. One day I am going to spend Christmas on the islands somewhere....


"Stuck Like Glue" by Sugarland
Ok, I have to say first of all. I HATE this video. Jenniffer Nettles (the lead singer) just annoys me. I can't stand her. But this song keeps getting stuck in my head. Though it could do without the whole country rap part. That annoys me. But I do like this song.


"Summer of '69" by Bryan Adams
This song I've always loved. Been listening to a fair amount of various 80's songs as well lately.

"Thinking 'Bout Somethin'" by Hanson
This song makes me just want to get up and dance!!! I grew up in the 90's, of course I still love boybands!!!



"Sweet Little '66" by Steve Earle
Once again, Ma and Dad used to listen to a fair amount of Steve Earle, and of course I HATED it, lol. But I've been listening to a lot of it. Unfortunately youtube does not have a fabulous version of this song, but I'm sure you can find one if you want to download the track.


"Get Off on the Pain" by Gary Allan
I just love Gary Allan. I really need to get his new CD that came out a while ago. I really enjoy his music.





I suppose I should stop now before I don't have any to do this again! And if you are looking for a new CD to pick up, check out Jason Aldean's newest CD "My Kinda Party." I really need to see Jason in concert again. He is AMAZING!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I simply loved your sing along post!:) I am always fond of new music like you and I really like the idea of sharing my fave tracks too!:)I only know 1 of your songs (the Bryan Adams song) so I am looking forward to listen to all the others!!:) Thank you for sharing your memories with the songs!!! Lotsa love*Linn*