Monday, November 15, 2010

Decorating

Now that my apartment is all clean, I'm so excited to start decorating it! I'm going to go for a vintage inspired look.

Here are some things that I'm hoping to do, in list form, of course!

  • I have a bunch of flour sack towels that Grandma embroidered. I'm planning to "frame" them in embroidery hoops, and hang them on the wall, pinning the backs so they are all in circle form. I'm debating about painting the wooden hoops, but I don't know for sure.
  • I have an art print from a Twitter friend of a housewife, that I'm going to frame and hang in the dining room.
  • I ordered a silk screened print of some beaters off of Etsy. That is going to be framed as well, and hang in the dining room. I want to paint that frame a turquoise/aqua color. My colors for the kitchen/dinging room/living room are going to be turquoise/aqua I think.
  • One of my friends has a Cricut cartridge with a lot of vintage kitchen images. Since my cupboards are a cream color and are standard apartment issue, I'm going to cut some images out of vinyl and put on my cupboards to dress them up a bit. I think I even have all the vinyl I need!
  • Dining room curtain needs to be made. I have the fabric for it! Red and white polka dots! Looks very vintage in my opinion! I'm kinda scared to make it though.
  • The living room needs some "art" on the walls. I think I"m going to decorate some canvas. Either paint or use scrapbook paper in them. Best part, I already have the canvas and paint!
  • I have my little reading nook almost all set up! All that it needs is a "curtain" to cover the door that leads into the water heater, etc. I already have this fabric, and I LOVE it!
  • I want to get a print of books or something to hang behind my chair.
  • Eventually I want to cover the chair that I have there. It's just an IKEA rocking chair, that is SO COMFY but I bought the cheapest cushion for it, and it's plain black. I need to find some fun fabric for it.
  • In my hallway, I'm going to put the hope chest that Grandpa made me. I think above it I want to get an enlargement of a picture of Grandpa and I. I miss grandpa so much.
  • I'm also tempted to do a "Photo Wall" on the wall that you can see directly from the living room.
  • My bathroom is pretty much done, just want to get a couple things to put on the walls.
  • My craftroom needs to be organized before I do anything. I have some pictures, knick knacks and such that I want to put up.
  • My bedroom. I can't do much in there due to space. But I really want to get something on the wall above my head and the wall to the left of the bed. I don't know what though. My comforter is very pink and turquoise. I LOVE it. But I think when I finish my quilt that I've been working on for years, that will go on the bed. So I think I'm going to go a shabby/chic type thing. I don't know for sure though.
I have the decorating bug now. I've never really decorated before and I hope that I can pull stuff together like I imagine. I have a vision in my head that I want to get out. A little bit at a time. :)

2 comments:

My Captivating Life said...

Hope it all works out! :) I have tons of ideas to but most of them involve painting walls which I can't do until we buy a house. :)

Amber said...

Thank you! I hope it works out too. I swear I need a week off of work with no migraines or sickness and motivation to work on it!

I wish I could paint, but sadly since it's an apartment, I can't. But I'm looking forward to sprucing it up somewhat!