Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Ramblings

Tonight I feel like writing, but I'm not sure about what. I've toyed with a few ideas from my list, but none of them speak to me today. So I'll do a rambling list of thoughts.

  • Today I gave a presentation on Outlook Calendar Best Practices to my work group. I HATE speaking in front of people, but I did it anyway. I think it went really well and afterwards people kept coming up to me and thanking me for giving it. I think everyone learned a lot. One person even told me that she is going to call me "Awesome Amber" from now on, lol.
  • I am seriously behind on reading and commenting on blogs. I'm debating about moving my old Google reader account to a new one and weaning down on the blogs I follow.
  • Speaking of following blogs, I'm so sad to see some of my favorites seem to be turning commercialized now. It seems like they are constantly giving sponsor items away and that most posts are about the products. That makes me very sad as I miss the real posts from them. :(
  • I'm not ready for winter. I wish it could be 50-60 degrees and sunny all year around. Getting down to the 30's/40's at night. That would be ideal for me.
  • I've been falling behind on cleaning and putting things away in the apartment. I've been feeling so exhausted lately. Not a good thing.
  • I'm planning to go to bed early tonight and hopefully that will help.
  • I've been listening to Christmas music already.
  • I really need to create a new playlist. I've started it, but haven't finished.
  • Speaking of music, I should share some of my favorite songs lately. Anyone interested in that?
  • Books make me happy.
  • I have a think for stationary and office supplies. Odd.
  • I've been meaning to go to the Salvation Army and look for a couple of things for my desk at work. I have a vision in my head and need to find a couple things.
  • I haven't been spending a ton of time online lately. That makes me happy.
  • I've been devouring books like crazy.
  • One can never have too many books.
  • I want a good program to track/organize my books. Anyone have any ideas?
  • I really want a bookplate/library checkout system for my books. Like this from uncommon goods. :D
  • It sounds like there is a heard of elephants running around upstairs. I think my things are going to start falling off my walls.
  • I have a vision for my living room and kitchen. I just need to get ambition to do it.


6 comments:

The Girl Next Door said...

Have you tried librarything.com for your books? The big man belongs to it and it's a cool way to keep track of your books as well as see what other people are reading, etc. Highly recommended!

Anonymous said...

I would love to hear your new songs!:)So throw them at me!! :D
Wow,this libary system for your own books is super cool. Didnt thought you could by somesort of stuff!! :D Now I know!:)
Agreed,you can never have ENOUGH BOOKS.Do you wanna share your new ones?Would love to know which kept your interest!:)
I truly recommend WordPress.com as it is very simply to blog there and the layout is changeable as often as you would love to and the designs are great.:)
Like that you have blogged 3 days in a row now. Keep em coming!! :D

Amber said...

Kira, I haven't heard of librarything.com for my books. I am going to check that out!

Linn, thanks for your comment! I'm going to keep my blog here, and I really like Google Reader, but since setting up a new account, I'm just going to transfer my favorite blogs into a new reader. :)

My Captivating Life said...

Speaking of music playlists. I really need to getback to music. Ever since we go cable I don't listen to it as much as I use to. :( Hmmmm...I will have to fix that soon! On to other things. I read this review today that may help you with organizing and catalogueing your books.

http://debrakb.blogspot.com/2010/11/review-collectorz.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FootprintsInTheButter+%28Footprints+in+the+Butter%29

Amber said...

My Captivating Images, thanks for telling me about Collectorz. My husband actually uses that for movies, and it works well for him, but the downside is all of the updates. He said that they basically require you to do the updates, and sometimes they cost money. :( So I'm debating. I think I'm going to try out Library Thing first and go from there!

Anonymous said...

I'm behind on blogs too! (Obviously since I am just now commenting on this post.) Like you, I've been debating about just deleting all of my subscriptions and starting over. I have too many to keep up with. Also, I feel the same way about many of my formerly favorite blogs. I'm so sad that they've changed their format to more business/product endorsement. I'm happy you're still blogging though. That makes me happy. :-)