Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Father's Love

First watch this video:



This song reminds me of dad. He's a mechanic. He helped me with my first car and worked on it and made sure that it was a good car for me. He has always done this for me with all my cars. I've called him from Rochester, knowing that he can't come down and help me, but some how he is able to diagnose the car over the phone if it's making an odd sound or something. Just knowing I have someone who I can call with car questions is a god send.

The Kia is getting older, and since it is, there are more repairs that are needed. When the car couldn't start in September, and the dealership tried to rip me off, Dad drove 2 1/2 hours down to fix my car.

I'm up north for Thanksgiving right now, and he wanted to take my car in to just look it over before winter came. Dad took it to the shop today and checked it over. He ended up replacing the thermostat. He won't take a dime for it. Not only that he filled up my gas tank and refused to take money for that.

It's just one of the ways that Dad shows me that he loves me. I think you can tell why this song makes me think of him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber,
thats such a sweet post. I know that too. My mum and my grannys always send care packages which always surprise me and show how much they love and care about me.:)
I can really feel their love if they write Happy Birthday Cards to Kai on his bday and so on. They dont need to say I LOVE YOU. They show it everytime they do such things!!:)
Thats truly a blessing to have such a caring dad/ family!:)
Have a blessed sunday,Darling!!
*Linn*

Jessica said...

Treasure every moment, Amber. I can't bring myself to listen to the song or watch the video right now but I will some day. So sweet of your Dad to take such good care of you. My Dad always did the same for me.