Sunday, November 08, 2009

Peanut Butter (and Jelly, and Jelly!)

(Is anyone singing with me? Does anyone remember this song?)



If you don't, you are really missing out! The girlies used to watch Barney ALL THE TIME! Especially Susan. Then she would dance around the house and sing this song.

Anyway, Don (or Fancy Bacon which is his xboxlive gamertag) told me to blog about Peanut Butter. Of course, being the good woman I am, I listened, lol. (Shhhh..don't let Jason know that I can take directions. ;)) Oh and Fancy Bacon once made bacon!!!! I can only imagine how great that tasted...mmmm....bacon. Everyone loves some bacon. Because of him, I really want to attempt to make my own bacon (need a smoker first...) and also try more breads. He loves to bake. Speaking of which, there is an awesome book that he told me about that I really need to get. It's called "Bread Baker's Apprentice: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread". You can find it on Amazon. I'm thinking I might buy this book as a Christmas present for myself, from Cullen of course. You know, since cats are able to give Christmas presents and all.

Now I keep getting sidetracked (the Nelson side of me, right Ma?) Anyway, Don told me to blog about peanut butter. Crunchy or creamy and why.

The obvious choice is creamy. Nice, smooth, rich, creamy peanut butter. Nothing tastes better on a piece of homemade bread fresh from the oven, and the peanut butter starts to melt a bit. Mmm, mmm, mmm, good.

I know that some people like the crunch of the nuts in the crunchy peanut butter, but I think that's just wrong. I like nuts as much as the rest of the world (Jessi, get your mind out of the gutter!), but pieces of nuts don't belong in things. Peanut butter, banana bread, cookies, candy bars, etc. It's just wrong. (Yes, I can be a bit fickle about what I eat.)

Smooth peanut butter for the win!!!

Now what are your thoughts on the great peanut butter debate? Crunchy or smooth and why? If you blog about it, link me up to your post.

9 comments:

amber said...

Where do nuts belong? heheh and you thought Jessi would be the bad one. And do you listen or list? (that would be the Mrs. A in me hehe) Love ya!

amber said...

Oh yeah I like my PB smooth and creamy!

Amber said...

LOL, I did think Jessi would be the bad one!. ;) (Oh and listen or list, I have no idea what you are talking about. ;))

amber said...

Check out the part about where you said not to tell Jason...

Amber said...

I did. ;)

Julie said...

I agree. Peanuts, cashews, almonds, and pistacheos (spelling?) don't belong in peanut butter or anyother sort of nummy foods.

Anonymous said...

Creamy all the way.. I really don'tlike peanuts. I only like peanuts boiled or smoth n creamy peanut butter... :) what a funny song.

Anonymous said...

I soo love PB&J's!!! :D
Creamy Peanut Butter is the BEST!!! :P
A friend from Canada told me to put sliced banana between the PB&J sandwich. Have you tried that before,Girls?? It simply blows you away!! :D

Amber said...

Linn, I'm an odd one. I can't do PB&J sandwiches. I just can't do the jelly and peanut butter together. I'm odd that way.

But I did have peanut butter and banana sandwiches! Growing up we called them Monkey Sandwiches.