Thursday, November 12, 2009

Calling all Fashionistas!

I confess, I'm not a fashionista, by any means. More times than not I don't care what I look like when I go out as long as my hair is halfway decent. (I say halfway decent since I have naturally curly, frizzy hair that drives me nuts.) I do dress up a bit for work, sometimes dresses and skirts, but more often than not pants, because they are comfy. I don't wear much jewelry because I'm afraid I'm going to look like a fool when I wear it. Though I really like when others wear it, it just adds a finishing touch to an outfit.


Isn't that shoe lovely? It's Jimmy Choo's Griffin. It's only a mere $675. (I wish I could afford shoes that expensive!)
Anyway, I digress. What I need help with today is shoes. Now my husband would say that I have way too many shoes, but I truly don't. I have a love/hate relationship with shoes. I love cute shoes but have a hell of a time finding them in my size. My shoe size is about a 10 1/2 wide. Do you freaking know how hard it is to find a shoe in that size? Depending on the brand, I can wear a 10 or 11, but they have to be a wide.

The other day I was assisting in class, and noticed that this woman had beautiful black heels on. They looked amazing on her. I just loved them. They had about a 3 inch heel, shiny black, slightly pointed toes, very cute. She had on a very basic outfit, and these finished the look so to speak. That is what I need. Desperately.

My dilemma is first my shoe size, and second, in my jobs now, I need shoes that I can stand on for at least 4 hours. I'm on my feet a lot, running around in class. I need a comfy pair of high heels. Does such a thing exist? Or how do you survive wearing high-heeled shoes when you are your feet for extended periods of time? Any websites you can point me to? Or specific brands?

Help me fashionistas!!!! I desperately want cute, comfy, shoes that I can wear to work!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Wish I could help! I'm long past being able to wear heels.

Julie said...

I'm always looking for cute high heels. One problem. I'm not sure HOW to walk in them. I can't even walk in my basic Converse.

Jen Gall said...

Okay, I wear an 11 wide so I feel your pain. I get shoes at Zappos.com a lot because it's free shipping both ways (in case they don't work out). My heels I like are Softspots brand. They have some very cute ones!

Amber said...

Thanks for the comment Heather!

Julie, get a pair of lower heels (kitten heels they are called) and walk in them around the house, and then work your way up. It's honestly all about practice, practice, practice! Though I do feel your pain about walking in flat shoes too, lol.

Oh Jen!!! You are my hero!!!!! Someone who feels my pain!!! I'm so glad I'm not alone. :) I will have to check out the Softspots brand. That helps greatly. Thank you!!!

Cindy said...

Ha walking in heels ...never been able to do that maily because of my back..i have never thought a heel of 2 plus inches look sexy, cool or whatever just don't like the way they look on anyone that wears them..just my 2 cents worth