Sunday, November 29, 2009

Kent & Doreen's House

This afternoon while at work I learned that Kent, Doreen, and Michael's house burned down last night. Kent and Doreen are my Uncle and Aunt and Michael is my cousin. Called Ma as soon as I got in the door. Basically they think that something electrical happened to start the fire. They lost essentially everything. Pictures, clothes, everything. Thankfully all the humans made it out fine, but sadly one of their cats, Rupert did not make it out. Ma was out there today and snapped a few pictures. I am so saddened by this, and can't imagine going through it. I'm devastated that this happened and just want to cry. I've shed a few tears already, and I'm sure I will shed more. I just can't imagine this happening.

I'm going to pick up some things for them and bring them up when Jason and I head up north in December. Everything was lost. Expect for 2 baskets of laundry, both Kent and Michael's since they didn't put theirs away yet. All Doreen has is what she was wearing yesterday, plus she found 1 pair of jeans that could be saved. I honestly can't imagine going through this, but I know that I need to do what I can to help, and that I will do.




















7 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so sorry this happened to your family members. I couldn't imagine it.

Cindy said...

Her embroidery machine is GONE...all the fabric no computer, cells phone are gone...I want to find them a tree so they have something for christmas

Ann said...

Sorry to hear about your aunt and uncle's house :( How old is Michael? maybe I have some clothes for him...Let me know Amber...

Amber said...

Ann, Michael is 16. He is an XL for shirt size and I'm waiting to hear pant sizes.

Thanks Heather and Ann.

Jessica Henriquez said...

I am so sorry to hear about this. Are they going to do a benefit for them?

Jessica Henriquez said...

I am so sorry to hear about this. Are they going to do a benefit for them?

Jen Gall said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so sad for them! Never an easy thing, but so much harder this time of year.