Tuesday, November 03, 2009

I never thought I would be one of *those* moms.

First, let me clarify, no I'm not pregnant. (I wish.) But I'm referring to being a mom to Cullen.

Now let me set the stage. I've seen those Dog Halloween costumes, and thought why in the world would people buy those. Poor dogs. I seen the little Santa Hats for cats and wondered why they would torture the poor kitty with a hat like that. I swore up and down that if I ever had a pet I would NOT dress him up.

Never say Never.

Jason and I were wandering around Target, which we do often. Since we can't hardly ever leave the store without a toy for Cullen, we always check out the pet stuff. Coming around a corner I see an endcap display of the cutest things ever!!! There were little Santa outfits, little Elf outfits, and even a Reindeer outfit! ALL FOR CATS!!! You should have heard me. I squeed when I seen them. Jason thought I was nuts. But they were all so darn cute!!! I just had to pick one up for Cullen right away, just in case they sold out! It would be a shame if we didn't dress Cullen up in one of those, right?!?! And of course when I seen them, all of the thoughts about never buying one of them went away.

So behold the most adorable elf outfit EVER for a cat.

Now since Cullen is such a chubster, sadly the scarf doesn't fit him. And I don't think I dare try to put those cute little elf boots on him since he has all of his claws.

BUT we tried the hat on him tonight. Oh my word was he adorable!!! I even made Jason take a quick picture. Then once I let him go, he was a headbanging kitteh and had the hat off in 2.2 seconds.

Before you ask, no I am not going to post the picture of him, as we are going to use the hat in our Christmas Card photo this year. I can't wait to see! I hope that it turns out as cute as it is in my head. :)

The moral of the story is that never say you will never be one of those moms. You will be. No matter what you think.

7 comments:

Chelsea said...

Haha wow that is cute! I don't think my kitty would go for that though.

Cindy said...

That is adorable! I cant wait to see the poor cat...Cullen in the full outfit

hugs
xoxo
ma

Jessica Henriquez said...

that's awesome I would never be able to get Simon or Mew into one of those. Simon would just shake it off, but Mew would kill one of us before he got it off.

cabbey said...

Did it come with a can of bactine and a package of bandaids?

Amber said...

Thanks everyone, I think it is so adorable!!!

Cabbey, it should have. That's for sure! I don't think I'm going to bother trying to get the elf shoes on Cullen....if I do, I might need to buy stock in bandaids and bactine. Or perhaps have the ER on speed dial.

Jessica said...

Let me just say, I love you. Really, I do. But Oh.My.Gosh. REALLY?????? Wow.

Amber said...

Jess, I love you too, and it's a good thing you love be despite my flaws. :) LOL, and yes really. :)