Monday, November 02, 2009

A Job I Love

I started working at around 16 (or was it 15...I don't remember!) and since then I've had my fair of jobs. Here are the ones that I recall off the top of my head:
  • Cashier at Chris's Fairway (Local Grocery Store)
  • Activity Aid at the Nursing Home
  • Registered Nursing Assistant at the Nursing Home
  • Counselor at Community Involvement Programs (Basically I assisted developmentally challenged people with daily tasks)
  • Softlines Employee and Cashier at Wal-Mart
  • Deli Associate at Wal-Mart
  • Administrative Assistant in MES
  • Teaching Assistant in MES
Out of all these jobs there were some that I liked, some that were okay, and some that I truly hated, but I needed the money. Out of all of these jobs I have never had one that I truly LOVED. That I looked forward to going to every single day, one that brought me joy and happiness. One that I didn't mind staying late at. I've heard people talk about loving their jobs and always wondered what it was like; and if I would ever get to experience that. I honestly didn't think I would.

Then last week I started working at Rochester Scrapbooking Company. This is the first job that I have ever had that I truly LOVED. The time goes by so fast, you keep busy and it's just so much fun! I get to do a little bit of everything there it seems. It has different aspects of what I liked about different jobs. I get to help customers, I get to check in and put product away, I get to get to create classes/layouts for the store. I get to talk crafting and scrapbooking with people who get it! I mean, it's awesome!!! How much fun is that!

Yesterday was the first day I worked alone, and while I did have to call Nancy a few times with questions, it was so much fun! I felt like I was busy, busy, busy! We had 7 croppers there for most of the day. A fairly constant stream of customers, and although they didn't always buy something I answered many questions and spent a lot of time with them. I started prepping a layout I designed for class. It was just so much fun! The day flew by so fast!

On the way home from work, I must have told Jason that I loved my job at least 10 times. I'm sure he's sick of hearing it, but this is truly a new and welcome experience for me. I am so blessed to finally have a job I love.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

That is awesome that you finally found a job that you love, hope that you continue to have a great time working there!

Heather said...

It's a wonderful thing to enjoy your job. Congrats!