Thursday, November 05, 2009

Corset Top

I have a love/hate relationship with online shopping. I love to look, window shop, create wish lists, add stuff to my cart, but I don't often buy stuff online. Well, maybe that's not true, but I don't buy stuff near as much as I add stuff to my cart and debate about buying it online. What kills me the most is shipping charges. I just hate paying shipping. (Call me cheap, I know!)

Now here is a story about a corset top.


Here is said corset. (Picture courtesy of Torrid.com)


This lovely corset and I have a bit of a history. Last time Jason and I were at the Mall of America, I of course, went into Torrid. I grabbed a handful of things and tried them on.

This corset I fell in love with. I loved how it fit, how it looked, and everything. The colors were toally me and it was gorgeous! I really wanted to buy it, and was so tempted to. I was debating about it.

When would I truly wear it? I couldn't wear it to work. It would be fun to wear out and on weekends, but how much would I truly wear it. Could I get $60 worth of use out of it? I never spend that much on clothes.

My practical side kicked in and I left the corset at the store and kept thinking about it.


Last night on a whim I checked out Torrid.com again, since I got an email with a promotional code for $10 off my order. I found this lovely beauty on clearance for $39.98. With my discount code it would only be $29.98. Then I checked out shipping. It would be $7.95. Ugh. That's still a lot for a top that I might never wear. I was so tempted to check out, but I decided not to, even though Jason told me to go for it.

This morning, while I was checking my emails, I seen that Torrid was offering 50% off all clearance items. I rushed to the site and checked, half expecting the top to be sold out, as that is always my luck. Much to my surprise it wasn't! And even better they still had it in my size!!! I am so happy that I was able to wait and that it all worked out. I swear this corset is meant to be mine. So I ended up paying $19.99 for the corset top, less $10, plus $7.95 shipping. I am thrilled! Plus I added a little something else to my cart. So I ended up getting two things for $35.90 after shipping. Which is less than what just the corset was!

I already got a shipping notification from Torrid too! Now I will just stalk the mailman wait patiently my order to arrive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber, i want you to get it!!!!
I want a corset top for prom. With a dress skirt underneath.
Susan!

Heather said...

I'm guessing your husband is going to be a very happy man. ;)

Amber said...

LOL, that he is Heather. ;)