Monday, November 09, 2009

Journal Jar Question {Live Anywhere}

Today's journal jar question is:

If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
Most of you know that I'm a country girl at heart. I grew up in a small town called Kerrick that had a population of 56, and most of them were relatives. I lived there for 7 years. After that, mom got married and we moved to a 40 acre hobby farm. Well, it wasn't at first, but Ma turned it into a hobby farm! When I got married I moved to a city with a population of around 100,000. Neighbors. Dogs barking. Sirens all times of the nights. Everything. Gone were the days of listening to the crickets and the frogs out by the pond.

If I could live anywhere I would want to live out in the country somewhere. A nice little house on some acreage. Being able to look out in all directions and not see another neighbor. Trees all around. Fields. Perhaps a pond. Lush green grass. Heck even a gravel/dirt driveway. Oh how I would love that. I miss the quietness of the country. The stillness. Being able to look up and see all sorts of stars. Being able to have people over and crank up the music until the windows on the house shakes and have no one complain.

I crave the country life. Perhaps one day I will be living it again.

No comments: