Thursday, January 01, 2009

Unfinished Project....Now Finished!!!



It only took me 5 years. There's a bit of history behind this blanket. Way back in 2003 Jason choose the fabric for a fleece tie blanket that I was supposed to make him for Christmas of 2003. Our first Christmas together as a married couple. I never got to it that year, I think I was busy making a scrapbook of Cassidy for Janell and Kris, but I'm not positive.

Anyway the fabric got moved upstairs and I soon forgot about it. Jason would give me a hard time every now and then about if he would ever get his fleece blanket. This summer I came across the fabric again and moved it down to my scrapbooking room. I was going to get it done and wrap it up and put it under the Christmas tree as a present for Jason. Well it didn't quite get done. I sat down and got it done on New Years Eve. I can't tell you how awesome it is to have it done after all these years!

Now I'm waiting for Jason to finish making my wedding present. ;)

2 comments:

Leslie Jordan said...

How fun! It must feel good to have it done, and I love handmade gifts. I'm sure his wait for the blanket just helped him to enjoy it more now that he finally has it. :-)

Jessica said...

Awesome! Better late than never, right? Now, what is he making you?