Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 19 {Laundry Soap!}


Can you identify what this is?!?!

It's Felsnaphtha soap all shredded up to make laundry soap. I think it kinda looks like cheese.


Day 19

Last year sometime I found a recipe online to make laundry soap and have been wanting to try it ever since. We are finally almost out of laundry soap and I made it today with Jason's help!

It was so SIMPLE! I'm shocked! I can't wait to let it set up for 24 hours and then try it out! I'm so excited because it was easy and cheap!


Made some laundry soap today! I can't wait to let it set the 24 hours and then try it out!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

It looks like cheese!!! YUMMY!

Amber said...

You wouldn't want to eat that kind of "cheese"! Unless your mouth needs to be washed out with soap, LOL.

Unknown said...

Ive been wanting to try that myself. Detergent has gotten so expensive lately. Did this recipe call for Borax. Thats the only thing holding me back, that stuff worries me.

SandyLea said...

So....how does it work???? I have been wanting to try making it too, but I want to make sure my clothes get clean!

Amber said...

Cathy, first, thanks for visiting my blog! This recipe did call for borax, but it was optional. Here is the link for it! http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2008/04/09/making-your-own-laundry-detergent-a-detailed-visual-guide/

I did put it in, because Ma used it all the time when we were growing up.

Sandy, I haven't tried it yet, LOL. I need to have enough clothes dirty to do a batch of laundry, LOL.

Leslie Jordan said...

I hope you'll do a follow-up on your homemade soap. Maybe you've already done one, and I'm just really late to the party. :-)