Thursday, January 08, 2009

Texas Caviar

Texas Caviar
2-14.5 oz cans black eyed peas, drained
1-15.5 oz can white hominy, drained
2 med tomatoes chopped
2 garlic cloves finely minced
1 med bell pepper, seeded, and chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, and chopped (use gloves)
½ cup onion chopped
½ cup chopped parsley (I often use cilantro)
1-8 oz Italian dressing.

Combine all ingredients, except Italian dressing. Mix well. Pour salad dressing, over mixture, over and marinate 2 hours in fridge. Drain and serve with corn or tortilla chips. Makes 7 cups.

I LOVE this recipe. I think I need to make some soon. Wish I could make it tonight.

2 comments:

Leslie Jordan said...

This sounds so yummy! I'm keeping this one for the future.

Amber said...

It's so easy to make and so good! I crave this and it makes a HUGE batch.