Tuesday, January 06, 2009

My Final Word*

*For now anyway. I reserve the right to change my word when and if I decide to and find a more perfect word or phrase that fits.

Home Made Simple keeps coming back and almost haunting me. That is what I'm choosing despite it's name for a magazine/website. Hopefully there is no copy right infringement by me choosing this phrase as my "word" to live by for the next year.

First let's start by defining the words.

{Definitions adapted from www.m-w.com}
home•made
made in the home, on the premises, or by one's own efforts

simple
Not involved or complicated
Being without additions or modifications
Free of secondary complication
Of Humble origin or modest position
Free from elaboration

This year I want to get back to basics.
I want to grow my own veggies in my garden.
I want to use a clothesline.
I want to get better at sewing.
I want to be a wife that my husband is proud of.
I want to do more home cooking.
I want to use products that I made out of simple, basic ingredients.
I want to simplify and get rid of things we no longer need.
I want to "unplug" more.
I want to read more.
I want to learn more.
I want to enjoy the simple things in life.
I want to continue on the path that I started last year. A path that I feel like I should be proud of.  I think with "Home Made Simple" I will be able to do that.   Who knows it might take me in an even better direction.

I look forward to living 2009 as Home Made Simple.

1 comment:

Leslie Jordan said...

I've done this for two years, like you, and I have loved it! I chose my word(s), but I'm behind on my blog. I think your words for this year are great! They're exciting. I'm looking forward to hearing/seeing how you live these intentions this year. I love the possabilities of the future. P.S. I think you're right about reserving the right to change your words at any moment. :-)