Monday, January 26, 2009

Aweigh challenge, week 1

Today is the first day of the Aweigh challenge, hosted by Cool Zebras. 

I weighed myself this morning and am not happy at all with my weight.  Grrrr.   And to think that I was doing so good before when I was doing SparkPeople.  I lost 50 some pounds on there.   I NEED to get back to that.   I'm basically starting over again.  But now is the time to do it.  I think that the accountability, motivation of prizes (call me shallow, I know!) and support of others will really help.  I need to take a starting picture still.  I'm so not doing that today since I'm sick, but I will.

Heather posted some a question for us to answer.
Q:  What are you going to change this week to help you lose weight?
A:  Be sick?  Wait, that doesn't count, that's not a healthy way to lose weight!  I'm going to start tracking all my food again via SparkPeople and be completely honest about what I eat even if I have an off or bad day.  I'm going to try to curb some of the snacking that I do when I'm home.  I do fine when I'm work but not at home.   My goal before getting sick was to do at least 3 days a week on the treadmill.  If I get better, I will do that.  But for now, I think that's a hopeful one.  I don't think it's a good idea to exercise when your coughing, have no voice and a runny nose.  

I'm hoping that these small, steps will help.   I'm praying that they will.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh yuck. Sorry you're sick. Yeah, it's hard to get motivated to exercise when you're run down. Drink water to stay hydrated, that's probably the best thing you can do when you're sick!

Thanks for participating in the challenge! Hope you're better soon.

Leslie Jordan said...

Sorry to hear that you're sick. It's hard to get sick when you are starting to make changes. Hang in there. Good for you at working so hard.