Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Works for me Wednesday {Daily Tasks}



This is my first time participating in Works for me Wednesday. It is hosted by Shannon at http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/.

This Sunday I started something on a whim and I'm finding it is working fabulously!! I decided to start a Daily Tasks list in a weekly format. Yes, that does sound confusing, doesn't it? Well here is a screen shot of what my Daily Tasks document looks like. I actually fit 2 of these on 1 page printed out.



Note: Click on the image to make it larger to see what I have on my list!

Yes, I had to use different fonts to make it a bit pretty. I thought about doing color, but decided against it since that would use up my color ink faster.

In the past I have tried to do a formal schedule and it never worked for me. With being part time now and varied hours and schedules, I can't have a formal schedule. I decided to create a simple one of things to get done everyday. Since my husband and I don't have kids yet, it may seem to simple, but it works for us.

Once I complete each task for the days I simply place an X there. There is something about doing that, that makes me feel like I accomplished something good. When I work 10-12 hour days, obviously I don't get everything done on my list, but so far it is working awesome for me!! I am just loving this.

1 comment:

Svr said...

Don't you just love it when you find something that works for you!