Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Working on me.

Work is offering a program called "LiveWell", and if you take the Health Risk Assessment, you receive 500 points, which entitles you to $10 off each months premiums of health insurance through June 2009. If both you and your spouse work here and do this, you get $20 off per month. Since I'm counting my pennies, we are both doing this! (At least, I think I can convince Jason to!) Then if you continue to use the program and earn 1,000 points by the end of June 2009, you can continue to get the amount off through December 2009.

This is a great incentive to work on me. I want to work on myself. To get myself in a better place. I know I have a long way to go on weight loss and exercise. I was down to 208 last year, and let's just say I'm way over that now. I want to get down under 200. I would LOVE that.

I'm ready to embark on this journey. Before I was using http://www.sparkpeople.com/ to track my food and such, but you know what, I just find that site so busy these days with all the ads and everything. It kind of stresses me out to go there. I'm just not fond of it anymore. Work is offering a similar site through LiveWell. I will use that to track my food (based off of their menus) and exercise.

Because I want to lose weight, I joined their "Healthy Weight Program" and with a little more looking around, I also joined their "My Stress Solution" program. The Healthy Weight program is a 12 week program, though you can use the tools much longer than that. The My Stress Solution program is only a 4 week program.

I'm looking forward to going through these, and working on me.

I found a great quote today that fits.
Be selfish. No matter how busy you are, set aside at least a few minutes for yourself every day. {Found on LiveWell site}

No comments: