Thursday, October 02, 2008

31 days of nothing or less


Michele over at A Decorated Life is hosting 31 Days of Nothing and Less.

Last month I started following Mary at Owl Haven who was doing 30 days of nothing. It really inspired me. I have a feeling that Michele's entry will as well.

Now I'm not doing this in the traditional sense, since I realized on reorganizing our pantry that we are running low on a lot of things and with the state of the economy, I'm feeling the need to get stocked up again. I'm also doing Christmas shopping and hoping to be done, done before December 1.

How I'm doing this is scrutinizing each and every purchase and really think about if I need it or not. My goal is to not bring anything home that we don't need. I also want to go through and see what we might be able to get rid of, though with just having a garage sale, I don't know how much I will find.

I have a feeling that this is really going to test me as I'm going scrapbooking on Saturday, and on October 31. There is also the scrapbooking retreat that I'm going to on October 24-26. That is already paid for. I'm hoping that I won't buy anything I don't need. Or at the very least limiting unnecessary purchases.

Today I have already failed. At Target we did a bit of grocery shopping and I bought a ruler. Not just any ruler, a metal ruler, that is 18 or 24 inches long, and it's pink. Best of all it was on clearance. Thus I wasn't able to pass it up. I spent $0.74 cents on it. Now typing this up, I'm feeling guilty for buying it, but I love metal rulers because I can't cut them up with my exacto knife, and I've been looking for one longer than 12 inches. I justified it in the store, but now I'm feeling guilty. Oh well, what's done is done. Tomorrow is a new day. :)

Anyone who reads this, can join in. Check out Michele's blog that I linked above. Enjoy the challenge!

Total Spent so far: $0.74

1 comment:

Leslie Jordan said...

What a neat project to work on! I'm excited to hear how things go for you. It sounds really neat. Oh, and I think the ruler sounds completely justified. ;-)