Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Read people, READ!

I work for a large corporation doing room reservations. (No that's not the only thing I do there, but one major task.) We have a lovely little request for that people fill out to reserve the rooms. In there we have a field called "preferred location" since I reserve rooms in all buildings and some people are not willing to travel to other buildings.

So today I receive an email with preferred location as "Any available." I know that this person is located in a specific building I will call "O". We do not have any rooms available in "O" or anywhere near "O." We do have a room available out at "G." "G" isn't too far away, maybe a 5-7 miunute walk. Or out company does provide shuttle buses to go there. I respond back, and I quote "I have reserved "G"-(insert room number here.) for you on (insert date & time here). This was the only room available on campus during the requested time frame."

Would you respond back, and I quote, "Do you have any rooms open in "O"?"

ARGH! This has happened to me at least 6 times in the week.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amber, can you make me a reservation in room O please? LOL

Anonymous said...

A couple thoughts to keep you smile'n on days like this.

"The lights are flashing, the arms are down, but the train ain't coming."

"These people don't have ulcers, their carriers."

And my personnel favorite....

"And to think they beat out 1 million other sperm."

Have a great day
MA

Amber said...

Ma, I love this one:
"And to think they beat out 1 million other sperm."

ROFL. Too funny!

Amber