Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Do you ever...

Open your mouth and volunteer to do something and then you wonder why you did that? Happened to me today in fact.


My co-worker today was in a frantic search for a volleyball picture frame that she needs tomorrow. She was thinking that they would be easy to find. Told me the places that she called and asked if I could think of any more. I gave her a couple and none of the places had them. Of course you can find them online, but then they wouldn't be here in time. She needs it tomorrow night.


So I open my mouth, knowing that she isn't crafty at all, and say, well you could get a wood frame at Michael's, and alter it with a volleyball theme. As soon as I said it, I knew I was going to regret it. She started asking questions and such and before I knew it I was volunteering to help make one for her daughter Amanda. Now we are making 7 for all of the seniors on the volleyball team. I'm sending her to hobby lobby to pick up everything, frames, stickers, whatever she wants. They also want to put all of the girls names on the frames, so rub on's as well. Figuring it would be easier to do rub ons rather than stickers, because they want the first and last names, plus the numbers.


So tomorrow during my lunch hour I will be making altered picture frames, with someone who is self proclaimed as "not crafty." Now, keep I have never altered one myself. Should be interesting. I know in the end it will be fun, but I have no clue how we are oging to get 7 frames done in an hour.


I will let you know how it goes. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She opened the door and you walked right in didnt ya? LOL
Ditto what Ma said, take your camera!!!!!!!!
And see, your already getting some pratice at teaching. ;)