Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I've been reading blogs for a while now. Most of them talk about their daily doings, new things that they found, and about their kids. I got to thinking about why I started blogging. I guess I just wanted a place to share my daily doings to, even if I'm boring. :) I've been trying to think about things that I like about other blogs and seeing if I can make mine more interesting. But then I came back to, who cares if it's interesting, it's me. I bet your thinking, I knew it was all about you, lol. I won't go into that again, but you know, I like my pretty pink blog and my boring life. It's good to me. I'm not going to change it. Now back to my daily doings, lol.

Since my co-worker is gone this week, I've been working the early shift. 7:30-4:30. I love this shift. I'm up early enough anyway and I get so much more done that first half hour in the office when no one is around. It is amazing. I still can't believe how much slower the evening goes when I'm done at 4:30. That extra half hour makes such a big difference. Love it. More time to spend with Jason. :)

Last night for supper I made turkey enchiladas. They were delicious. We've made them before, but bought a different seasoning packet or something, but they were better than usual. They were so moist and yummy. I brought one to work today to have for lunch. It was still moist. I wonder if I could make up a big batch of them and freeze....hmmm...might have to try that.

Jason and I haven't done the OAMC (Once a month cooking) yet. I want to though. Perfect for those nights that neither of us want to cook and we don't know what to have, lol. We have been making large batches of stuff though. Right now we have lasagna and chili in the freeze. I've also really been wanting some of Mom's homemade chicken noodle soup with the homemade noodles. That soup is to die for. The best ever. A while back when we were up at Ma's house she cooked a turkey breast in the crockpot. It was delicious! Jason wants me to do that here soon. I wish I was a good cook like Ma. I want to be like Ma when I grow up. She is amazing.

I'm actually going to my first crop this weekend. I'm sorta anxious about it. I've never been to a crop before. Granted this isn't a "normal" crop, it's an after hours crop at Scraps of Time (my fav LSS!) for design team members and such. So little me, is going to be in with all of these amazing scrappers. See, I'm not that talented when it comes to LO's. I decorate/alter things good, but LO's really challenge me. I'm also a simple scrapper, but am starting to branch out more and try new techniques. One thing that I never thought I would get into is inking. Now I love inking. I will ink just about anything, or at least try to. Of course I'm snobby and will only use the Tim Holtz ink pads, LOL. Good thing they come in a wide variety of colors and are routinely 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby. :) So I need to decide what I'm going to bring to do at the crop. I'm also anxious about small talk and such. I'm more of a listener than a chatter. But once you get to know me watch out, when in the mood I can talk your ear off, lol. I suck at small talk. I'm hoping that it goes well, but I've almost called a couple times to tell Jennifer that I won't come. But I haven't. And I won't. I'm determined to go and have fun. Even if I just sit back and watch. I need find something to bring to do though...hmm....off to ponder.

No comments: