Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Money Creek 2007

I had so much fun camping at Money Creek. Nothing like sitting around the camp fire, swimming, and simply enjoying the outdoors. We had perfect weather too! It was in the lower 80's during the day and at night dipped down in the 50's. Perfect sleeping and cuddling weather. I seriously got the best sleep I have had in MONTHS. I already want to go back and camp. :)

Here are some pictures, actually, more than likely a lot of pics, lol. :)

Jason and I were the first ones there. This is what the campground looked like. It was so nice and peaceful setting up when no one was around. Once all of Jason's family got there, you couldn't even see down to the end, or 3 sites over. There were at least 2 tents/campers on each site.

NOTE: You can click on any of the pics here to make them bigger. :)















Jason sweeping out the tent. :)














This is what happens when Jason puts it together. ;) Notice how crooked it is. ;)


























This is what it looks like when I say to attach it to the picnic table, since it's flat underneath. Ma, this came in so helpful!!! We loved it and I have a feeling that we might see a couple more hooked up next year there. :)

























Marie, my mother-in-law. "I can get cell phone service up here!"


























Jason and I thought this was hilarous. It's on the tag of the chairs that we use.















Cooking Jiffy Pop over the fire.
















Finished results of Jiffy Pop.
















Janell, my sister-in-law cooking real popcorn over the fire.















Marie holding the finished results. That popcorn was SO yummy and good.

















Setting up Smores stuff on my lap for Jason. Yes, that is 2 peices of chocolate on there. There was a hilarous story there, me being all goofy again. Since I know that everyone will keep bringing it up, I may as well share it.


I didn't know how many pieces of chocolate to put on Jason's Smore, so I asked him. He said two pieces of chocolate. At that point, I had broken off a row (3-single pieces of choclate) and had it sitting on the graham cracker. Since he said 2, I broke off another row of chocolate and set it on there. Jason started laughing, and everyone joined in, saying no, "2 pieces of chocolate not 6." Of course, you had to be there for it to be funny, but it was hysterical. I couldn't stop laughing.
















Jason starting marshmallows on fire. :)


















Campfire.















Jason being silly. I love it!!

















Joe, my brother-in-law.




























Me, coming out of the bathroom. Yup, hair tossed up, no make up on. I loved being "all natural" all weekend. Didn't look the best, but LOVED it.





























Joe and one of his kids Bryanna.





























I LOVE this picture!!! This is Logan, who is my second-counsin-in-law, I believe. He is just adorable!!




























Beach Stuff.






























This is Cassidy, Janell's little girl.































Jason's family has been going to Money Creek for decades. They used to dress up all the time and have a parade. This year they decided to do the parade again, only a few people dressed up.


















Jerry, my father-in-law. Roger, Jason's Uncle. Pat, Jason's Aunt. Ben, Pat's son, Jason's cousin.


















Matthew, he is Haley, Bryanna, Jacob, (& Kya who didn't go camping with us) half brother.




























Campfire.

















Bree-Bree sitting by the campfire, almost falling asleep.
















Bree-Bree again.




























Cassidy, showing off what she won. Someone did the dice game and fishing game for the kids and brought prizes.






























Jacob, another of Joe's kids, sitting around the campfire.




























Cassidy fell asleep sitting on Janell's lap.





























Me again. I only had a couple pics of me taken. I was behind the camera the whole weekend.




























The guys getting set up to play Texas Hold 'em. This was a 16 person tournament. After some of the people got kicked out, we started up another tournament at another table. The buy in was $10 each. Jason and Justin taught Tiffany and I to play earlier that afternoon and we decided to play. Jason ended up winning 1st for $60 and I got 2nd place for $20. I couldn't believe I stayed in as long as I did. It was a ton of fun and I want to play again, lol. :)





















A picture of our little area.


















Bree-Bree coloring.



Cassidy

Bree sitting on my lap.

Haley, one of Joe's kids.

Haley and Cassidy

Justin & Tiffany, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law.

Tiffany & Jason

Justin. We celebrated his 30th birthday.

Jason opening a present for his birthday, which is coming up next week.

And finally, Jason and I packing up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big the kids are getting!! glad the mulity rack thing came in handy...I wish i would have gotten us one as well...You do look relaxed and care free in the those pictures...camping agrees with you...it looks like you all had a great fun together.

MA...who knows it's not going to except my sign in name....

Anonymous said...

Hey-
You look great in your "all natural" picture. Very comfortable.

Jason said...

I loved camping... we need to get away and do it more often!

Anonymous said...

Amber, Its susan. You are A GREAT photographer. I think you should take tons more pics. This weekend we need to take some of us for myspace! Because we are AWESOME like that.
Anyway, dont tell mom i posted this late. I am realizing we arent communicating much. And i wanted to read your blog. Lame excuse right? HA HA. No seriously though. I love you.