Saturday, July 14, 2007

Disappointed

I am very disappointed in book stores. Jason and I went up to the cities over the last couple of days for his birthday (had a great time, will post more on that later) and I am so disappointed in Borders and Barnes & Noble.

I've been looking for some LDS books. Really, anything, I just want to read more and learn more. I've specifically been looking for a study guide for the Book of Mormon. I have found a couple online, but I really wanted to flip through the books and see what they have. I wasn't expecting a huge selection of books at either place, but was greatly disappointed.

This is what I found at Borders:















I found a total of 4 books. The last four books on the shelf.
"Joseph Smith Rough Stone Rolling"
"Leaving the Saints" (sounded anti-lds to me)
"No Man Knows My History"

There were SHELVES of Catholic, Buddhism, Muslim, and just about any other religion you can think of. There were even two shelves of atheist books. But a total of 4 books (3 different titles) is all they carry that is LDS? I thought that that section might continue elsewhere, nope. I even asked, that was it.

Once we got back into Roch, I decided to go and look at Barnes & Noble. They didn't have as large of a religion section as borders and it was arranged by author. Jason and I skimmed all the titles and didn't find one book.

I went to our local Christian Book Store website a few days ago and all of the books there sounded anti-LDS. I'm just getting so frustrated. I know you can order books online, but I want to read the backs of them, flip through them, see if I think they will "fit" me. It's hard to do that online, when I'm having trouble even finding a description.

I'm going to have to ask the missionaries tomorrow, when I'm at Church to see if there is a local book store. I googled all I could, and couldn't find anything. So I'm thinking no, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

No comments: