Saturday, July 07, 2007

Ramblings

It's been a bit since I've posted an actual entry, one that wasn't all pictures, lol. :)

I have been slacking off again in areas of importance. Specifically reading. Well, I've been reading my normal books, but just not the Book of Mormon or the Bible. The two books that I should be reading. I've read a couple verses here and there, but that's it. I think that is part of the reason I have felt a bit out of sorts. I know that I need to read them to stay on the path...and I'm going to pick them up again and do some studying. I'm still undecided about going to Church tomorrow. If I wake up early enough, I'm going to go. I haven't been sleeping that well at all; I've been having very weird, strange, almost haunting dreams. Hate them. I hope they go away.

On a positive not, I realized today that I have been praying tons. Just various times throughout the day....that is not normal for me. It seems almost natural for me, whereas it seemed wierd at first. I think that is one thing that helps keep me grounded, calm. Can't quiet explain it. I need to remember the feeling that it brings me, when things get tough and I'm headstrong, stubborn and refuse to ask for help. He is always there for me. Doesn't matter how large, small, trivial, or giving thanks, He is there no matter what.

Now onto other things. I have actually scrapbooked the last couple of nights. On Thursday night I fiinished 3 layouts, and yesterday I put together a board book kit that I had. That was a Christmas one, lol, yup doing Christmas stuff in July. :) Tonight I sat down to play with stuff, but wasn't really in the mood, so I ended up not doing anything. I finished reading my book and decided to update my blog.

I went shopping today at Hobby Lobby, I actually went there for adhesive, and left with paper instead. How does that work? One of my all time favorite lines of paper was in a pack, and it was half off....all paper packs were half off...and they had the Bazzill Bling paper and the shape paper, and I needed more Black & White Cardstock. But I'm set now, as if I wasn't set with paper before. Paper is one of my weaknesses, lol.

After that I went to the LSS, TJ's. My scrapbook store, lol, if only I owned it, LOL. That would be so much fun. Anyway, besides the point there. Jeff, one of the owners is working and I ask if they will be carrying a specific product, and he doesn't know, but calls his wife Jackie. I hear him say something like, "No, I haven't, but I will when she checks out." After he gets off the phone, he comes over to me, and asks if I read the newsletter, and of course I have, lol, and asks if I've given any thought to about joining the design team. I thought about it very briefly when I seen the newsletter, but pushed it aside. I tell Jeff, that I hadn't really thought about it, but I'm not that good with layouts, so I don't think I will. He says that it's not all layouts, and handed me an application and said to think about it. I skimmed it and say "10 layouts" wow...I don't know. He said that is for people they don't know, and to think about it.

So now I'm seriously thinking about applying for the team. I figure it's two projects a month, to be assigned at the meetings, those are monthly meetings, and it seems like it will be really organized. I'm really thinking that I'm going to call the store and talk to Jackie and ask her a bunch of questions, specifically if I can do altered stuff, lol. My LO's are not anywhere near the quality to be displayed in a store. Especially the ones I've done lately, lol.

No comments: