Saturday, July 21, 2007

Weekend!

I meant to update my blog last night and this morning, but just didn't get around to it.

Friday night with the missionaries went REALLY well. When the missionaries come over, they always have a third person with them, a member from the church. On Friday is was Leslie, a gal that I used to do room reservations for at work. We hit it off really well, we seem to have so much in common!

The missionaries went over the 10 Commandments, and Leslie shared other versus, and personal experiences, something that some of the other people that have came over really haven't. It was great. I also got the "Gospel Principles" book. That book is one that we use on Sunday in the class. Nice to have the book. :) The missionaries are going to see if they have a Doctrine & Covenants book, so I can read those. Oh, they also talked about proclamations, which reminds me I need to look up and read the two that they mentioned.

The nearest LDS bookstore is in Oakdale, which is a ways away, but it seems like Jason and I have been going up to the Cities often, so it shouldn't be a big deal to stop over there.

The missionaries and Leslie will be coming back over next Friday at 7 p.m. Actually, I don't know what missionaries will be coming over yet, because on Tuesday is their transfer call and either one of both of them could be moving on. I'm looking forward to them coming back over. :)

Today Jason and I ran around and did errands. I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up a pattern, fabric and everything I need to make a tote bag. I realized that I'm not well versed enough in sewing to figure out what I'm doing, LOL. Ma, I need your sewing expertise help!!! I packed everything away, and I'm hoping that when we come up north next your willing to help me figure it out. This is one, that I don't even want to attempt to try to do over the phone, LOL. I might sit down again and try to figure it out, see if I re-read it if it will help, but I don't think it will, lol.

In other news, Harry Potter 7, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" arrived on my doorstep today at 5 p.m. when the mail arrived. I was stalking the mail man waiting for it, and the mail usually comes between 2-3 p.m. I was antsy, LOL. I'm only 3 chapters into it, not far at all. I hope to finish it this week.

I also need to post pictures again. I have some pictures from the Twins game that I want to share and I finished my faith, note card keeper thing. Need to take pics of a few things to post too. Maybe sometime this week. I hate uploading to photobucket lately, it seems like it takes forever these days. Really need to look into switching our internet from Charter.

Anyway, I better head to bed soon, so I can get up early for church tomorrow. I'm looking forward to going. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is good to read a full post from ya! I have been getting into sewing again too... and have decided it is best if I use a pattern instead of trying to create my own just yet! LOL! Have a blessed week!