Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Time Away

Jason and I went up to the cities again July 12-14.

On July 12, I went to my first Twins game!!! It was so much fun!! We sat right behind the Twins bullpen so I got to see Joe Mauer, Justin Morneau and a bunch of other people up close while they were warming up. Plus I found out that we sat right behind Joe Mauer's family! How cool is that!! We were in Section 134, Row 2, Seats 3 & 4 so we had really good seats. :) We had so much fun that we are looking to go to another game, possibly in September, depending on what seats we can get.

Other than going to the Twins game we went to IKEA, and the Mall of America. Then on Saturday we met up with Justin & Tiffany and did lunch with them in honor of Jason & Justin's birthdays. It was fun.

Then on Sunday we went to see "Transformers." I didn't think that I would get into it, but it was surprisingly good. I really enjoyed it. I can see why Jason grew up loving the Transformers.

I did go to church again on Sunday, it was nice. I'm looking forward to going back this coming Sunday. The missionaries are coming over on Friday night to meet with me again. That means I gotta bake brownies tomorrow night. I'm starting to run out of things to bake. Anyone have any good recipes?

Other than the usual, not too much going on. I've been spending a bit of time in my scrapping area again. I'm working on altering something, I will post the results when I'm done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so excited to hear how much you enjoyed going to your first twins game! I guess growing up in minneapolis we sometimes forget what an oppertunity it is. I do remember my first vikings game though (probly only cuz it took me 3 bites of the hotdog bun to get to the hotdog but I remember how much fun it is anyway) Were you able to get a discount on the tickets? if not, I will look into it at the trib, they have discounts for all sorts of minneapolis events. You sound like you had pretty awesome seats though!
Another fun thing in the cities is the Acme Comedy Club. (just dont sit in the first couple of rows) I have gone several times and it is a blast. And they serve the best cherry 7up ever!
THe lightrail that goes through mpls is also a different experience. you park somewhere and pay like $2 and you can ride to the Dome, Mall of America or the Airport. Its usually pretty quick and beats trying to find parking at the busy places. THere is alot to experience in the citites but I would much rather still live in the boonies....but its fun for visits.
I am so excited to hear that the visits with the missionaries are going so well for you. I think most people are looking for that one missing thing and it sounds like you found what you were loooking for and that is awesome. I will still probly be looking for a long while.
As for desserts... your mom used to make that chocolate cake with the green frosting then the chocolate frosting, that was always my favorite. Otherwise there is always dump cake (I have a recipe at home I can dig up...)Parfaits work too, they are pretty heathly. My favorite is always cheesecake but there are like 8 billion types of cookies too.
I am working on finding a weekend to come visit you. I would love to see your scrapping that you have been working on.

Anonymous said...

Hey-
One more idea for a get away is the MN Zephor (I think I spelled that right) it is a train ride where they serve you dinner and all and very fancy and relaxing. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about it...