Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Hospitality & Random Updates

A little background. I posted an entry a while ago (I'm not sure if that one was cross posted on my blogs, or what one it was even posted on) about working to find God again, feeling the need for him in my life and to find and go to a church. I haven't been into a church for an actual service other than weddings and funerals since before Jason and I got married.

Anyway, so Shane, the guy that I was talking to on xbox live and halo, urged me to check out LDS. Growing up I knew Nicole was LDS, but didn't know much about it. Shane explained some, gave me some links and encouraged me to request the Book of Mormon from the website. I did that and last night I had 2 young missionaries come over and 1 member of the church come over and explain more to me. Thankfully it was a beautiful night, and we were able to sit outside on the picnic table. I made rice krispy bars the night before and had some bottled water pulled out, they seemed a bit surprised to see that when they came over, but we started talking right away.

They went over the basics last night, which was basically what Shane told me about, but they also explained some about Joseph Smith and went more in depth about the prophets. Everything that they said seemed to "fit" and make sense to me. They left me with a Bible and the Book of Mormon and a couple suggestions on what chapters to read in the Book of Mormon. The next step is to invite them over again and go through the Discussions, which is to discuss what I have read, and answer any questions that I may have, at least that is what I understand of it. Also to go to a church service, which I want to go to, anyway and see how it feels. I explained that I won't be able to go this weekend as Jason is leaving early on Sunday morning to take his dad to a Twins game for Father's Day and then the following weekend we are going up north. So it looks like I will be able to go on June 24. I don't feel that they were pushy at all, which was very nice, they want me to pray to find the truth, pray to find out if what they are saying is true.

After they were done discussing that, they dug into the Rice Krispy bars and water and said that this was the very first time that anyone has offered them treats on the very first visit. I was shocked at that. The night before, when I was making them, Jason wondered why I was making the bars for them, and I said, it's the right thing to do. Growing up, when Ma invited people over she either made something or pulled out cookies or something already made from the freezer. I guess I feel that if you invite someone into your home, you have to have something to offer them. They devoured the bars though and were so appreciative. It was very nice. :)

Now onto other things.

I'm still looking for a job. I need to find something and something soon, I need out of this one. I've revamped my resume three times and finally have it where I'm very happy with it. Now only to hear back from some of the jobs I applied for and to continue looking. I'm praying for God to show me the way on this one. I know that he will lead me through, but I was so frustrated last night when I came home from work.

Weight loss, after not weighing in for a while, I weighed in again and I was up about 5 pounds, which didn't make me happy. Jason and I went grocery shopping, bought a ton of healthy food, and am going back to track everything I eat, which is rough, but a good thing. :) I want to be healthy, and in order to do that, I need to be tracking everything. :) Sheila's blog has really inspired me lately to get back in gear. So thank you Sheila, I greatly appreciate the inspiration you have given me.

I don't know if I ever posted what I made at the Scrapbook Garage Sale. I made $169. I was VERY happy with that!!! Now I have a bag of stuff that didn't sell, that I need to figure out what to do with. Mainly a bunch of the MM foam stamps and other foam stamps. I've thought about posting them on eBay, but don't want to go through all the listening fees for that. We will see what I do with them.

Now just to get back into scrapbooking again. I cleaned my area again and am in the mood to scrap. I think I'm going to see what I can do this weekend. :) I still don't have an etsy store set up, but I want/need to do that. I'm thinking that might be one way to eventually be able to go down to part time.

Jason surprised me last night with a dozen pink roses!!! They are beautiful!! I need to remember to take a pic of them, I was going to this morning but forgot.

A while back, Jason and I bought this off of LTD. It finally came yesterday and Jason put it on the bed for me last night. We put it under the fitted sheet and I slept GREAT last night. It seriously reminded me of the bed that Jason and I slept in when we stayed at the Sofitel for my birthday. LOVED that room and bed, it was so luxurious.

I think I'm going to attempt to make curtains this weekend for the kitchen. Simple tab top cafe curtains. A valance and then the curtains on the bottom, I will have to make 2 of them. Jason and I are going to Hobby Lobby this evening to look at fabric. According to the pattern, I will need 5 yards of fabric for them. I hope they turn out ok. Ma, watch out, you might be getting called, LOL.

Also on my to-do list for this weekend is to clean out my closet. I need to weed out the clothes I don't wear anymore.

I think that I have rambled on long enough, I guess I'm just in the mood to ramble today. :)

2 comments:

Jason said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your search for a church is going well. You seem so self motivated (not just with the church thing either), how do you do that? As for going to church on the 24th, you may want to post-pone it one more week. Nicole got married a few weeks ago and her reception is up north on the 23rd...
Are you coming to visit us when you come up north? I miss my friend Amber...Let us know!