Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Reconnect

Jason and I decided to go up the Cities on May 26. We booked a "Spa room" at the Courtyard Marriott near the Mall of America. Basically it was a hotel room with a king bed and whirlpool. Very nice. :)

I decided that since this was going to be a romantic weekend away, that I wanted to do a picnic. On Friday night, we ran to the store quick before Jason left for work and picked up some stuff. Friday night I cut, chopped, baked and dipped. We ended up having french bread with spinach dip, cheese cubes, chocolate dipped strawberries, crackers, lunch meat, cupcakes, and sparkling grape juice. I packed a tablecloth and also the glasses that Ma made us for our wedding.

Here are the chocolate dipped strawberries and the cupcakes:
And here is everything in the room once everything got all set up, we decided to have a picnic on the hotel floor, LOL. :)
Jason even surprised me and put the fabric rose petals in the hot tub! Of course we couldn't run that in there, so we sprinkled them all around the edge to dry. It was so sweet.
I really felt that Jason and I reconnected this weekend. We openly talked about a lot of different things and I feel that we are stronger than ever now. We really needed that weekend. Even though it's been about a week and a half, I'm still smiling and laughing about some of the things that we did. I still feel like we are so much stronger now. It's never easy to talk to your significant other, but it is well worth it. You can't keep things to yourself.....that I have learned.....it's much better to lay it all out so to speak.

1 comment:

Jason said...

That weekend was wonderful. We need to book our room for my b-day and the day after.