Monday, June 11, 2007

For the most part I'm a morning person. I love the quietness of the mornings, the time alone, there is something relaxing and comforting about it the mornings. Since last week, I've been setting the alarm 15 minutes earlier each morning to get up and read a chapter or two in the Book of Mormon, before starting my day getting ready for work. Now I slacked off over the weekend, and I should have read some when I first got up, but I didn't. This morning I started it again. It felt "right" so to speak. Now to keep on reading and plugging away.

In other news, I weighed in yesterday (Sunday's is the big weigh in day) and I'm down another 1.5 pounds. YAY! :) So I'm very happy about that.

Halo3 Beta ended yesterday. I'm sad, now I have to go back to Halo2 and find another game that I enjoy playing until Halo3 comes out on September 25. I really did enjoy playing the game, but with only 3 maps I did kinda get tired of it. But I still can't wait for the entire game to be released in September.

I went through job postings again today and found a couple more that I'm thinking about applying for. I mean why not, I really want a different job, preferably something part time. I know Jason and I can't afford for me to go down to 40 hours every two weeks yet, but I'd even be happy with 1 day off a week or every two weeks.

Speaking of that money and such, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on going down to 1 income. Eventually Jason's goal is to have me stay at home, which is something I would LOVE to be able to do.

I know that we are going to work on paying off our remaining debt. My goal is to only have the house payment and car payment plus our normal electric, water, phone, etc bills. I'm going to sit down with Jason and see where we can cut back on. Do some serious number crunching and see what options we have. See what we have to have and what we can get rid of or cut back on. So if anyone has been there, done that, I would love to know your tips/advice. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber...its Tammy from Mama Central.

I dont have any answers for you but I will sure be watching to see what suggestions you do get. I too want to come home to stay.

Like you said... look at your budget and see where you can cut back on and then go from there.

Hugs,
Tammy

Anonymous said...

ARRGG Blogger ate my last comment! LOL

anyhoo~ your on the right track. It can be done, and if it is God's will for you to be home at this time, it will happen! You and Jason, and your future family are in my prayers. Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

If it were me Ambers I would start by living on his income NOW. Take yours and file it away in a savings account and see how well you do. I bet in less than a year you will have it figured out and nice little savings account to boot! :) God Bless, Michele

Anonymous said...

Hey-
I agree with Michele on this one. I have kind of a different situation, but went from 2 incomes to 1. I had 2 incomes from two different jobs before the baby and now I"m down to one. I get paid every other week, so for the first pay check I pay all of the bills except for the house payment and the second one goes to the house payment anything left over on either paycheck goes towards paying off a student loan. I am down 1 student loan and now the money I was putting torwards that loan and the left over from each check goes torwards paying off a second one student loan.
sandy