Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wednesday

Wednesday's are typically a good day. Means we are half way through the work week. Yay, lol. :)


Thank you everyone for the advice on my last post and for Laurie's post on the board. Jason and I actually just refinanced the car for a lower interest rate, and to pay it off 6 months faster, for a couple dollars less a month. Although they drew up the paper work for a 4 year loan, and said that we can just "keep the extra money." I was a bit snarky and said, the point of the refinancing was to pay it off sooner and get a lower interest rate. What a dork, we agreed to the 2 year loan over the phone anyway. I don't think they were too happy to have to re-do the paper work, but oh well, it's all good. Jason and I are taking steps in the right direction to have me stay at home eventually, unfortunately at this point and time, there is absolutely no way that we can toss my paycheck in savings. I'm going to shoot for tossing half of it in savings first and see how we do.


Onto other news now. I came home last night and Jason surprised me with a Forza 2 (a racing video game) and a Toby Keith CD. He used his eBay money to surprise me and he bought himself a movie, Ghostrider. I was speechless, I wasn't expecting either of them. He spoils me way too much.


I played Forza some last night, wow, I'm not a good driver, lol. I did find that I drive much better if I use the view where it looks like you are actually driving the car and have a rear view mirror. I managed to get in the top 3 on two different race tracks. It was fun. At the gaming message board that I'm a member of (http://www.thexlc.com/) they are doing a Forza 2 season. I don't think I'm going to participate though, but all of the threads there should help me out. It will be fun to race with some of those guys, they are hysterical. Speaking of XLC, I'm gamer of the month there this month! Basically I did an interview of questions, sent them a picture and they put it up on the site. I love XLC, it's been a long time since I've felt "at home" on a gaming site, since most of the people on there are little kids who think that being a girl gamer is a novelty and hit on you and try to pick you up. The main members on XLC are adults, and it's nice to be able to game with them and not get hit on. They are hilarious too, some of my favorite people to game with now, I wonder why they put up with me sometimes, since I'm not the best out there, lol.

Books, I've been reading like crazy again. When Jason and I have been heading up to the Cities, we have been stopping at Borders and I've been buying books there every time we stop. Between that and using paperbackswap, I have a ton of books in my to be read pile. :) Jason thinks it's crazy that I can be in the middle of 2 or 3 books at a time and still know what is going on in them. But that's me, I love to read, always have. Ma, remember when you used to get mad because I would never leave the house without a book in my hand even if we were just going to Sandstone, which was only 10 minutes away. Hey, I could read about 10 pages in that time, lol. :)

I applied for yet another job yesterday afternoon. It's a .9 position, which would be 1 day off every 2 weeks. I think that right now even that little bit would help. That particular job was for a Patient Service Rep. The other job I applied for was a Police Evidence Technician. The majority of jobs that I have applied for require no degree, and only 1 year of clerical experience. Now I have an Associates of Applied Science degree as an Administrative Assistant and 5 years of secretarial experience. I wonder if I'm not getting called back because I'm over qualified or what? I will keep sending resumes out and scouring through the postings.

Speaking of jobs and working, after you have worked in a a place for 4 years, the people you interact with daily should know your name, right? Especially your manager. Today I went in and dropped a couple things off for my manager and had her sign something and she said, "Thanks Amy." Ummm....I've been here over 4 years, my name is Amber. You should know that. She didn't even say a word about it. I told the other secretary here and she was shocked and offended for me. It's not even like we have an Amy in our department and none of her kids are named Amy, in fact one of her daughters is named Amber.

Work has gone so slow this week, although yesterday seemed to go by pretty fast. So if anyone has any blog challenges, let me know, I'm in a talkative/writing mood and I have a feeling my posts are getting boring, lol. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey-
your blogs are never boring. I enjoy reading them.
As for working somewhere for 4 years and nobody knowing your name, I understand. I have been at the trib for just about 4 years and though I"m one of very few women here and one of two in my office (not to mention my name is in capital letters right next to my head) and some people still don't know my name and I have seen them in my office every time, multiple times a week. (which is quite often)