Thursday, June 07, 2007

Self-motivated

Sandy commented earlier (by the Sandy, you should start a blog, I would love to read it!) that I seem so self-motivated and how do I do that.

Honestly, I don't think I'm that self-motivated, LOL. If I was that self-motivated I would have been skinny years ago and now (lol), my house would be spotless all the time, and I would already have an Etsy store set up, and have accomplished a million other things. Seriously, I don't think I am self motivated but thanks for the HUGE compliment.

I can honestly tell you that when other people push me towards something, I tend to not want to do it and push back by not doing it. Ma & Jason can tell you all about that, I'm sure.

I do know that when I really, really, really, want something and finally start working towards it, I'm persistent in getting it done/accomplished and push myself to that goal. It may be the one thing that I focus on for a long time though. I stumble along the way, in fact am doing that a lot lately with my weightloss, but I guess I just keep in mind the end result. So I guess my answer didn't help you out at all did it Sandy? :)

To answer your other question Sandy, I believe we are coming up the weekend of Father's Day, either that or the weekend after for Nicole's reception, this is the first I've heard about it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will work on figuring out the blog thing but you would never have to pick up a book or watch a soap opera ever again if I started one...
The diet thing is way more than just the self motivation. It also takes persistance, discipline, some consistancy... its a total lifestyle change, but you seem so self motivated in making the necessary changes. I wish I had that. I, instead, use the buddy system. I love to go running and work out but I can not get self motivated to just put on my shoes (which is really the hardest part)but when someone says, "hey, lets go work out" I put on my shoes and once they are on, I love the exercise and don't quit. Plus, you get in some really good social time. Its nice to talk to someone who is over the age of five (or at least acts like they are five)every now and again. I dont' like to be "pushed" to do stuff either but the power of suggestion is really nice.

I just heard nicoles news on wednesday when I was working out with Laura, who just got the news the night before. We are kinda just passing it along. I'm trying really hard to open up my schedule to be able to go to her reception but I made plans for that weekend at the end of last week and don't know if I can fix it now. Last I heard she was gonna have everything on Labor Day weekend...Its not quite Labor Day...

Anonymous said...

Amber, the more I read your blog, and the inner thoughts that you allow us to witness, I just think WOW! Some of your thoughts, my thoughts! I think motivation can be found within our selves when we are determined enough to find it. But don't worry ~ I don't have balance either! LOL