Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sick

So I haven't been feeling 100% for the past three weeks or so. Yesterday my headache got so bad I went home from work early. So rather than explaining everything to everyone who asks, I am going to link everyone to this entry, lol.

Symptoms:


  • Headache Daily for about the past three weeks. Some days worse than others, but it's been really bad since Sunday. Yesterday it got so bad I have to leave work. I got a bit dizzy and couldn't focus or concentrate.

  • Extreme fatigue. I seem like I can't enough sleep. It's gotten so bad that I'm having a hard time staying awake at work. Yes, I am getting enough sleep at night, and napping while I can when I'm home. I'm still wiped out.

  • Chills. Off and on for the past 2 or 3 days.

  • Low-grade fever. Don't know for how long as I never thought to take my temp.

  • According to my Doc, I have enlarged glands and my liver and spleen seem tender.

  • BP and pulse is good.

  • About 2 weeks ago I had an awful runny nose.

  • I have a bit of a sore throat, but not too bad.

Ruled out by the Doc Today:



  • Mono. Test came back negative.

  • Pregnancy. (Could be causing fatigue, and needed to find out if I was so she could prescribe me something.)

  • All of my cell counts and everything came back fine.

Action taken today:



  • Tramadol injection given in my bum to help relieve the headache

  • Prescription filled for 800mg of ibuprofen to help

  • Influenza test taken will know results tomorrow

  • Thyroid and other blood tests taken. Will know results on Friday

  • Told to rest and sleep a lot.

  • Can't go back to work until Friday at noon at the earliest.

Course of Action:



  • Influenza test results back tomorrow.

  • Appointment on Friday morning for other results.

  • If the Doc's can't find anything wrong I may have to go for an MRI/Catscan if the headaches don't ease up.

Bottom line:



  • The Doc's don't know what's wrong with me.

At this point and time:



  • I'm feeling pretty good. Headache is gone and I made supper tonight. Now feeling really tired. I'm hoping and praying the headache stays away.

  • I still feel clammy/like I have a fever.

  • I'm feeling a bit nauseous/upset stomach and don't know why.

5 comments:

A Vapid Blonde said...

That sounds like three weeks of awfulness...Hope you start feeling better!

Chelsea (@FlipFlopsChels on twitter) said...

Hopefully the Doctor's will find out what is wrong so you can feel 100% again. I've started feeling sick this week monday I had a really bad headache, and then yesterday I had muscle aches and was really tired, I ended up calling in sick today for work since I have a fever and now according to my work I can't go back to work until next Wednesday.

Jessica said...

Hope you start feeling better soon! Keep us posted on things. Did they rule out pregnancy too?

Heather said...

I'm sorry that you've been feeling so terrible. It's so easy to take good health for granted. Hope you'll be back to taking it for granted soon.

Amber said...

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the well wishes. :)

And yes Jess they did rule out pregnancy.