Friday, September 18, 2009

Sick ASS* Update

Let's see. I had another appointment this morning and the bottom line is that they don't know what's wrong with me.

All of my tests came back as normal or negative, which I guess is a good thing. I'm very happy that they are ruling things out, but on the other hand, it's frustrating not knowing what is wrong with me.

The doctors decided to find out the cause of the headaches first, and then they are hoping that that helps with the extreme fatigue that I have been feeling. They put me on Amitriptyline, at 10 mg each day at night. After 1 week I increase that to 20 mg, then 30 mg, etc. all the way up to 50 mg. I also got a prescription of naproxen to take twice a day. With those I can't take any over the counter drugs. I feel like a pill box. I hate taking pills. Ugh. But honestly if it makes the headaches go away for a while, then it's worth it. Also with those pills, Jason and I try for a baby. So back to using protection for a while. Ugh. That makes me sad, but I need to get better first.

Also, I have a head/brain MRI on Monday to see if they can find out what is causing the pain. The only bad thing is that I have to wait a week from Monday for the results.

I have to say that I have some wonderful friends out there who have offered me basically anything that I need. I love you guy so much! I'm very thankful that I have next week off of work to sleep and relax.

Now the question is does anyone want to come over and clean my house? ;)

*Btw, for those of you that don't know my initials are ASS and the Bellywings call me ASS because there are a few Amber's in our group. :)

4 comments:

Leslie Jordan said...

Wow, Amber. That sounds pretty horrible. Like you said, it's good that they are ruling things out, but frustrating to wait and not know. Hopefully the medications will help with your symptoms. Good luck with the test on Monday. Have you had one before? I am a little claustrophobic, and I was very happy that I took the mild sedative. My sister did the same and was thankful for it. Just thought it might be helpful. I'm sorry you are having these struggles. Please let me know if I can do anything for you. I'm thinking of you.

P.S. Were you serious about needing help to clean? I would be happy to come over if you'll let me.

P.P.S. Thanks for the explanation about your initials. I just thought you must be really, really frustrated. ;-)

Heather said...

How frustrating to not know what's going on! I'm hoping they can figure this out for you with the next appointment!

Julie said...

I'll come down and clean. :) I really would. I want to meet Cullen.

Amber said...

Jules, you would LOVE Cullen. He is awesome. LOVE him. Such a chubby, fun, kitty. You need to meet him. :)