Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pity Party for 1

I know that I really shouldn't be complaining, and I know that there are so many people going through stuff much worse than me, but today all those little things just added up and it's like the straw that broke the camels back.

I went to bed at about midnight last night and had a hard time falling asleep. Not a big deal as I'm off today. Today I woke up at about 7:30 to go to the bathroom and was up for maybe 30 minutes before heading back to bed with Jason. And let's just say I wasn't up for Jason's teasing today. After I finally got to sleep, my cell phone rang at about 9:30 and it was Mayo, with my test results, but I couldn't figure out how to answer the damn phone as I was half asleep and didn't have my glasses on. Grrrrr. Had an awful headache so rather than calling back I decided to go back to bed. Slept again until about noon.

Tried to call Mayo about my test results, and of course everyone was out to lunch. Tried twice since then and they haven't been able to get a hold of the nurse. Ugh.

The one thing that Jason asked me to do today was to make bread as we are out. Usually this isn't a big deal, but today the bread machine doesn't work. I unplugged, re-plugged, and banged it around for a good 15 minutes almost in tears since I had everything in the bread pan already. I ended up mixing it by hand, and now it's supposed to be rising, but it's really not. Failure.

Huge headache still at this time, and I can't take my pills until I have eaten something. Well considering we haven't grocery shopped in about 2 weeks, we have close to nothing in the house. I debated about running to get somewhere but I didn't trust myself driving with the headache. Lunch today was an English muffin with cheese. Great fulfilling lunch huh? Finally got my pills in me, and hoped that would make me feel better, but my stomach is still rolling.

I have to go to Gonda at 3 p.m. today to pick up the oximeter thing (I think that's what it is called.) and to learn how to use it. I get to wear that on my finger tonight. I am so not up for going, but I want to have it all done. I managed to shower, and managed to almost slip and fall on the bath mat in there, and when I turned the shower on, I managed to get all wet (this was before I was even undressed.) Ugh. At least I am clean.

Tried to call Mayo AGAIN for my results and no nurses are available to give them to me. Ugh.

I had plans today to go and see Mrs. A at RSC and get in a bit of girl time, but I know I'm not up for that. :( I'm so sad that I had to cancel. I was so looking forward to that.

I was also hoping to go to the store as we have basically nothing in the house to eat, and I need to eat food with my pills. For some reason I don't think that will happen either. :(

2 comments:

amber said...

Can I drop some things off for you? I can run and get you some yummies. Heck I can run and get some home made bread for Jason if I need to. You are correct that you should not be driving if you aren't feeling well. Let me know I can help out :). Don't worry about today we will see each other soon I'm sure. I am open Sunday afternoon then most afternoons next week.

Heather said...

It is a hard thing to deal with when our bodies are not letting us do what we want to do. Understandable for sure to feel frustration. Thinking about you.