Monday, January 07, 2008

Quotes

I signed up to get the quotes of the day from Real Simple magazine. Actually, lately it seems like I've been collecting quotes. Here are some of my favorites that I've stumbled across.

"Beauty comes as much from the mind as from the eye." --Gary Livingston

"With lies you may get ahead in the world -but you can never go back." --Russian proverb

"Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit." --Peter Ustinov

"A man isn't poor if he can still laugh." --Raymond Hitchcock

"A hug is a great gift -one size fits all, and it's easy to exchange." --Anonymous

"When the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, it may be that they take better care of it there." --Cecil Selig

"Kissing is a means of getting two people so close together that they can't see anything wrong with each other." --Rene Yasenek

"Patience is the companion of wisdom." --St. Augustine

"Put your heart, mind, intellect and soul even to your smallest acts. This is the secret of success." --Swami Sivananda

"No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap." --Carrie Snow

"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." --Edward Elgar

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." --Joseph Campbell

"Look at yourself, like yourself, and find the positive." --Dana Buchman

"Look back and smile on perils past." --Sir Walter Scott

"Hold out your hands to feel the luxury of the sunbeams." --Helen Keller

"I am beautiful no matter what they say." --Christina Aguilera

"Life is too short and too amazing to spend time worring about imperfection." --Ali Edwards

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." --Charles Chaplain

I know that there were more I wanted to share, but I don't remember where I put them right now. Enjoy. :)

No comments: