Monday, January 14, 2008

Hard

Today has been a whirlwind. I got up at 9 a.m. this morning and by 10:30 Jason and I were out the door to head to Forest Lake to meet Ma. I was able to call work, talk to one of the secretaries and the manager and with a few tears shed, I was able to get the two days off I was scheduled to work this week.

I shocked the girlies with my presence here. I made Julie cry, even though I didn't mean to. I told them that they are stuck with me until Saturday.

We still haven't talked to a deputy in person. We are told that will happen "very soon." Tomorrow we are going to file an order of protection against the Bastard that did this to Jules, and I printed out the forms online, so we would have all the information needed. Jules had to sit down and write out everything that has happened to her. It killed me to read that. How in the world could someone do this to her? Why would he? I managed to read through, and get a few more details from her, dates, etc. I also found a form for Ma to fill out to get the fee waived. They thought it would be waived based on what happened, but if not, Ma will have everything needed to fill out this separate form. While we are at WINDOW, we are also going to ask about a lawyer. I believe that they will be able to point us in the right direction. I also believe that Julie should have someone to talk to about this. I don't know if she is ready for that yet, but I think that she should see someone....I could be totally off base there, I don't know.

It just kills me that someone could do this to a 13 year old girl.

So far, I've been good, and haven't cried much at all, and when I have, it wasn't around Ma or Jules. I have to be strong.

The high point of the day was cooking supper with Jules. We made French Toast and sausage. It was just fun. Despite everything, I'm happy to be "home" for the week.

No comments: