Thursday, November 17, 2005

Silent Auction

This will be the 3rd year at work that our department puts on a Silent Auction. All proceeds that we raise go to United Way and this year will also be split with the Hurricane Relief Fund. I have been involved with this project, since I started here, almost 3 years ago now. We collect new and like items and then for 1 day, during the work hours, people bid on them. Lots of work, but also lots of fun and of course, for a good cause.

Each year, I have made a flyer for this event. I am especially proud of this years flyer, since I downloaded a digital scrapbooking kit and used that to create the flyer. In real life, there is no green blobs, LOL.

I finished it earlier this week, but had to receive approval from the group before posting it around the office. So far, only 1 sign is up on the mail office door. About a week before this, I will plaster the signs all over the building.

So because of this sign, I'm in the holiday spirit. I'm in the mood to wrap presents, and put up our Christmas tree, and am currently listening to Christmas music. I feel so read for Christmas to be here. I've also been making some ornaments. Been having a blast. Because of the ornaments, I'm seriously debating about having a small pink Christmas tree in the house.....Since I know Jason won't go for the full tree to be pink. But I'm thinking one of those fake tabletop, white trees with pink and white ornaments on it. We will see if that really materializes or not, LOL.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Amber! Tha invite ROCKS as usual! I just got Abode Photoshop and cant wait o figure it out to do digi lo's :)
You seriously rock girl :)

Unknown said...

Oh and my girls have a pink and white victorian christmas tree. Its so pretty! If you have a Target they have a pink Disney princess tree for $20. You dont have to use the disney ornaments but the pink tree would so be lurvely! LOL

Amber said...

I acutally did this in PowerPoint, believe it or not. I don't have photoshop on my work computer...just at home. I'm thinking I really liked how this turned out, printed. I'm thinking I'm adding a wide format printer back on my wish list.....sigh.....

Oh and thank you all for the compliments.

Chele, your post about the pink and white victorian tree....I made an ormanent a couple weekends ago and it turned out pink and green, sorta victorian looking. I'm loving it. :)

Amber :)

Unknown said...

The pink and white trees are REALLY pretty. Im thinking of doing one for my scrapbooking room now, LOL See Ambers..........always enabling me!