Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Babies, Babies, Babies

Babies seem to be the hot topic around work lately. Within the past year we have had 3 babies born in the department, 1 adopted, and 2 more now on the way. I hate when everyone asks me, when are you going to have a baby? That started right after the wedding...it's been over 2 years now....It's not just people at work either. Jason's family asks as well. I've been saying, eventually.

See, this can be a touchy subject for some people who are TTC (trying to conceive, for those of you who don't know the abbreviation.) Now, this may come as a surprise to some of you, but Jason and I want to be parents, and want to be parents, like yesterday, LOL. Now as most of you know, we are not pregnant yet. Now Jason and I have been trying for quite a while, and still have not had success.

Today there was another announcement that someone else is going to have a baby in the department. The baby is due in March. This person got married a year after us. When I seen the e-mail come through, I wanted to cry. I hate that Jason and I haven't been able to conceive yet. And it's not for lack of trying, LOL. Now don't get me wrong, I am happy for them, but it still makes me sad.

So now, this is not just going to be a woe is me post, at least I hope not, LOL. Since I'm sure that my weight is part of the issue why Jason and I are not able to conceive, I'm going to start watching what I eat, even more so than I have been. I'm also going to ask Jason if we have the extra money for me to start weight watchers. I think that that will help, as well. I want to have children so bad....and looking our for myself is the first step, I guess. So if there are more weight related posts, don't mind them. I think if I can keep track of my progress that will help. I think I'm also going to keep a food journal. Keep track of everything that I put in my mouth, and attempt to figure out how many calories I'm taking in. Anyone have a good website or book recommendation about the number of calories in stuff? I know most have them on the labels, but like fruits and veggies and such. KWIM? Anyone want to join me in this "adventure" to lose weight to be more healthy?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber, you sound like I did about seven years ago. I finally got to a point where I had to say "OK GOD! YOU grab this steering wheel because I can't do it anymore". Once I lost weight it took no time to get pg. But it was also in God's timing too. I know it is hard when someone around you is pg when you want to be. Hang in there. Your time will come. Stand on the promise in Genesis "Women will have pain during Child birth". :)

kandi said...

I have a friend that is using some new med to lose weight, she and her dh has been trying for 5 years to get pregnant.

a site to look at : www.fitday.com

Unknown said...

Ambers,
Your gonna be an awesome Mom and it will happen for you guys. I know it! :)And Ma your never too young to be a Nana! ROFL *running*