Tuesday, November 01, 2005

How to get a free supper.....

1. Place order for Large Pepperoni Stuffed Crust Pizza and 10 boneless mild buffalo wings at 5:05 p.m.

2. Told that it would be 45-60 minutes before arrived.

3. Pizza arrives at 6:30 p.m. with boneless honey bbq wings. ICK.

4. Spend 10 minutes trying to get through to Pizza Hut/Wingstreet. Finally get through, ask if I can get boneless mild buffalo wings. Sure, will be about 25 minutes.

5. New wings arrive at 7:15 p.m. The deliver guy has me check to make sure that everything is correct with them. Nope. They are bone in mild wings. He offers to take them back and bring me new ones, correct ones.

6. As soon as deliver guy leaves, pick up phone to call them back. Manage to speak with same person again, 3 times. Explain situation and ask if there is any way I can get our money refunded for the entire order. She says yes, and will still send mild boneless buffalo wings back out. They should be here in about 30-45 minutes. Which would make it about 7:45-8:00 p.m. (Note order was placed at 5:05 p.m.)

Moral of the story: If you are hungry when you get home from work make something. Don't order delivery.

ETA, the rest of the story:
So about 8:00 the delivery person shows up with the money to refund us, but no wings. She said that she was told not to bring wings to me, but would call the store. Surprise, surprise, she couldn't get through because of the annoying as hell automated ordering system, ROFL. She didn't know what to do, but said that she had to go because she had another order. I decide rather than call, to run down there. By 8:20 I was back home, with my mild boneless buffalo wings with ranch, eating and enjoying them.

It was odd, they said that they were busy but yet there were people standing around doing nothing.......interesting.

We don't be ordering from there anytime soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a bummer! We usually order from Papa Johns and *so far* haven't had any problems. I would be really mad if that happened to me. I'm glad you atleast got your money back.