Friday, August 22, 2008

Rain!

Oh how I love the rain! It's raining out, a nice soaking rain. I love the sound of the rain.

When I heard it I jumped up from the couch and opened the door to see if it truly was rain or if it was part of the movie I was watching. It was rain.

It brought back memories from when I was a teenager. I think I was around 16 years old and it was pouring out, a nice hard, summer rain. It was twilight, still a bit bright out, but starting to get dark. I was standing in the porch watching and listening to the rain come down, and dad was there too. As typical, the radio was going, I don't remember what one. But I said, "I've always wanted to dance in the rain." Next thing I know dad pulls me out and we dance in the rain, me laughing like crazy. We got soaked.

For those of you that know dad, he doesn't dance at all. It was such a fun moment.

No comments: