Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ramblings

It's been a while since I've blogged. As you can tell I started to update my blog. I thought that it would be a nice change for a clean and simple template. I haven't had the time to adjust the banner yet, but I think I will. I'm debating about changing the title of it too, but I'm not positive. I can't wait to make this feel all "at home" again. :) Sorry I've been slow about it!

I'm in the mood to ramble today, so I apologize in advance if this is a rambly post. I'm sitting at my desk at work. I love being by the windows. They are just gorgeous. Today we have some crows that keep flying by the window. The sun isn't out in full force, it was flurrying this morning. But the sun is trying to peek out. I can't tell you how much of a difference being by the windows makes. I can tell that the days are getting longer again. It's not completely dark yet when I leave work at 5 p.m.

One thing has changed since I've last posted. I turned 28 on January 24. I can't believe that I'm almost 30. It's crazy. Where has time gone?!?! My birthday was good. Jason and I spent it hanging out at the house together, we watched a couple of movies too. Jason took me out to Outback for dinner. Steak and Shrimp, YUM! And I just love their salad. It's the best with Blue Cheese dressing. So yummy. I enjoyed the last of my meal at lunch yesterday. I love having leftovers.

This month I have been reading books like mad for some reason. I have my list over at Listology, which I need to add to again. I've finished 2 more books since I last updated it. If I forgot to add the link, let me know. I'm typing this in Word right now, and I have a feeling I will forget the link. Books are like a comfort for me. I love having them around me. They are like friends to me. An escape from reality as well. I can so easily just get lost in a book. I love the escape it provides me. Though sometimes when I finish a good book, I feel like I have lost a friend and I'm a bit sad. Though I know I can always go back and re-read the book. Some authors I wish they would make a series out of books. I just get so involved in their lives.

Guess what else I did last Saturday? I went cropping for the first time in MONTHS! I had a blast! I am still working on my Cathy Zielske class Me: The Abridged Version. I got the base down for 32 8.5x11 pages. Now all I have to do is finish up all my journaling, and add embellishments and pictures. I loved the format of the pages. Clean and simple. Though I will be adding some embellishments. I also LOVED the line of paper I used. It's from "Crate Paper" and is called "Restoration." It is so ME. I bought way more than I need for my book, so I can't wait to scrap something else with it! It felt really good to get out and scrapbook with Mama Jenny and Mary. It was much needed. I still need to finish organizing my room.

I have a couple more updates, but I think I'm going to do them as separate entries. Do you have any topics that you would like me to blog about? If so, just let me know!

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Hi Amber,

Happy Birthday!

Great to see a new blog post, keep 'em coming. Suggested topics...um.. favourite books, current favourite music, favourite vegetarian food, three places in the world to visit, all about cropping... okay I will stop with the suggestions now. lol

You forgot the Listology link!

Enjoyed your latest post.

All the best

Andrew

Amber said...

Thanks Andrew for your comment! :)

I will add those topics to my list. Thanks for the ideas!

Since I forgot the listology link, I added it to my Links column on the right of my blog.