Saturday, January 29, 2011

Challenge Day 1: What the purpose of my website is, who I am, and why my blog is unique.

When I started blogging, it was back in 2005, I wasn't sure what I would write about, but thought it would be fun to hop on the blogging bandwagon. My blog is a personal one, and about a wide variety of topics. The purpose of my blog is to share a bit about me. Almost like a diary of sorts, my personal thoughts, struggles, at least what I choose to share. I like it’s almost like a short record of my life. I also share recipes, my hobbies, and my opinions about topics. For a while it was a place to share my year in pictures. That was fun, blogging nearly every day. My blog is unique because no two people have the same thoughts, opinions, hobbies. I’m trying to make my blog reflect the true me, as I discover who I really am, what is really important to me.

I’m 28, currently living in an apartment, separated from my husband. We are going through counseling and trying to work through things. I’m a Christian. I work full-time as an Administrative Assistant and love the area that I am currently working in. My hobbies include baking, scrapbooking, crafting in general, reading, and photography. I love anything vintage or vintage inspired. I’m a daughter, and older sister. My sisters are 16 and 18, they make me feel so old sometimes. I love music, especially anything country. I love to clean and scrapbook with the music cranked. I’d love to travel abroad someday. I’m currently working to be debt free. I also need to work on getting healthy again. I also suffer from depression, and am working to get that under control. Expect some blog posts on those topics sooner or later. I love watching history type shows on tv, and don’t follow politics, though I know I should pay more attention. I try to catch the news and weather daily. I used to be a news junkie, but it seems like everything is negative, and I need to surround myself with positive things, so I don’t watch or read it near as much as I used too. I love naps, clouds, and owls. I’m a very random person, and often when telling a story go off on a tangent. As Ma says, “It’s the Nelson version of the story.” Nelson is my maiden name. That is me in a nutshell.

7 comments:

Andrew said...

Hi Amber,

Great blog post, personal and equally insightful.

I think the blogging challenge has got off to a great start and your post is a great read.

I echo you thoughts on 'positive'. I've been working hard to remove negative aspects from my life, including people.

I will admit when I reduced my twitter list to a more managable level, I also removed some who were not being positive aspects. i.e. constant whingers.

I also removed many from facebook and have since have ignored some friend requests.

Now the smaller number I follow has a far better influence on my life, rather than those people being lost in the 'conversation'.

The effect from reading my daily stream has been dramatic!

Your blog has consistently been filled full of awesome posts. They don't have to always be positive, life isn't, but I enjoy following your blog.

It is also fantastic you love hobbies and reading!!

Thank you for taking part in the challenge.

All the best

Andrew

My Captivating Life said...

Kudos to you for being able to be so honest. I will be praying for you during your times of trial. Trust God, it will all work out for the good.

bili said...

I agree with you on the 'news' part. Can't watch it either.

You guys all seem to be so well organized, it makes my post so trivial. Kidding. I like me. ;)

Be positive and optimistic, there are so many beautiful moments, things in life that are there to make you smile and sing and laugh. Focus on that. Everything else is not worth it.

Sending you some good vibes!!
:)

Jeff said...

Hey, Amber... great post!

I've read a couple of your other posts and I really like your writing style. I was right there with you on the recent Money post... I've been through the Dave Ramsey course last year and am struggling to keep on task with the budget. I was out of debt for a couple of months, but now... right back in again. Keep it up! It's worth it.

Amber said...

Thanks, Andrew. :) For some reason I have a hard time removing people from Twitter if they follow me. I don't want to hurt their feeling. Maybe I should try to get over that. Your comment and encouragement means a lot. Thanks. :)

Thank you Captivating. :) I really appreciate your prayers.

Thanks Billi! I can't wait to go and read your blog post. I'm sure that it is fine, and as you said, it is you. That's what is most important!

Jeff, thanks for the encouragement on Dave Ramsey. I know it will be worth it in the end! Thanks for the compliment on my blog as well. I appreciate you taking the time to read though a couple of posts.

Lee Sargent said...

I've known you for years but just found out more about you personally in that one hit than I have in all that time!

Great post!

Amber said...

Thanks Lee! I felt the same about your post! :) I'm very thankful for Andrew and his challenge!