Saturday, January 01, 2011

2011

Welcome 2011!

The beginning of a new year brings lots of hope and promise for me. I always like the start of a new year. There is just something about it that makes it feel like a fresh start. You can leave everything behind and learn from the last year.

Each year I usually choose a word or phase, a la Ali Edwards, "One Word." This year I didn't pour over her old blog entries about it. I didn't read through lists and lists of words. In fact I haven't read her blog in a while now, so I don't even know if she is doing it this year. The last couple of years I have chose a word and then didn't really focus on it. I might do that this year as well, who knows what the year will hold. But one word has been nagging at me. "Embrace." I realize that sounds like an odd word for anyone to choose. But I want to Embrace life. Embrace experiences. Embrace everything that happens. Embrace the every day things.

Aside from that I don't think I'm going to make any resolutions per say. I want to work on crossing somethings off of my Bucket List. You can find my Bucket List on Listology. The highlighted items are the ones that I have accomplished. Though I"m wondering if I should change them to a strike through. I will have to check that out. :)

4 comments:

My Captivating Life said...

I love the idea of posting a bucket list! :) That is so cool. I may just have to do one of these myself!

Andrew said...

A brilliant word for the year. :) Wishing you all the best for 2011.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!:)
What a great word you have choosen. :)
Its a great idea of crafting this word and making it "real". I am sure this year is going to be a great one for you and that EMBRACING yourself is a super GOAL!!!
Here is the word I have choosen. Thanks to you and Andrew who have inspired me to choose myself a word for the year!:)
http://linngraves.wordpress.com/2011/01/08/hello-2011/
Big hug*Linn*

Amber said...

Thank you all! :) Wishing you all the best for 2011 as well. If you all post a bucket list I would love to read it.