Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Cullen's Antics

Since I know that you all are waiting with bated breath to hear all about Cullen some more, I thought I would share some!

He seems to be adjusting well. He is eating and drinking and using his litter box. Today he FINALLY ate a treat and wanted more. Before the treats would have to sit out for a long time and he would just lick it, leave it, then come back and lick it again. This morning he ate one out of my hand and wanted another one. I wonder how long it will be before he knows the sound of the treat jar.

Cullen and Jason get along great! They play and really seem to enjoy each other. Since Jason works overnights, Cullen gets some playtime in then. It will be interesting to see what Cullen does during the day when I am back to part time.

I have a little nest on the couch. I always sit on the same end, and have my laptop there to use. Cullen has decided that he doesn't like the laptop on my lap. He belongs there instead. He also doesn't like it when I type, even one handed when he is on my lap. Both hands belong on him and petting him. I am so owned by the kitteh. :) Speaking of being on my lap, before he would jump up there and stay there for about 2-3 minutes before hopping off. Last night he was on there for a good half hour to 45 minutes before jumping down. It was so relaxing to have him there.

Jason discovered that Cullen can open the bathroom door! The door doesn't close all the way when I have clothes hanging there drying. Cullen can just stick his paw under the door and pull the door open.

I swear he has a fascination with the bathroom. At first he didn't like the sound of water at all. Now he doesn't seem to mind it too much. Yesterday morning after my shower, he was in the bathroom meowing and I thought it was because the shower curtain was closed (it usually is) and he didn't like that. I opened it part way and he jumped right into the bathtub. Whenever we are in the bathroom or if the bathroom door is open, Cullen is in the bathtub exploring in there. Unless a drop of water lands on him, then he goes tearing out of the bathroom. I don't know why he likes that so much.

Last night I took a bubble bath and Cullen hung out in the bathroom most of the time and almost seemed like he wanted to jump right in! He kept getting up on his hind legs and peeking into the tub. He kept almost touching the bubbles and water, but never did.

Cullen is a hoot when you play with him. He jumps all over the place and loves his toys. Specifically anything with catnip in them! (Of course, he is a cat after all). He is starting to play with his toys on his own as well. He loves to tear around from one end of the house to another. You can tell when he does that since the rugs are all askew. He definitely has some personality. Love that about him.

I do have some more pictures on my camera that I need to get uploaded and share. Don't fret, you will see more of him!!

3 comments:

Joyful said...

awww Amber this blog was so cute, I love reading about Cullen! I'm so glad he is settling into your little family so well.

Amber said...

Thank you so much!!! I'm sure that there will be many more posts about Cullen. :)

Anonymous said...

So glad that you took Cullen into your home and into your hearts
Taffy