Thursday, December 06, 2007

Changes!

I have had glasses since second grade. I am now 24 so that means I have had them a few years. :) My eyesight is so bad that I can hardly see anything without my glasses on. If Jason moves my glasses when I'm in the shower, I can't find them again. Because my eyesight is so bad, that means I have to get annual eye exams. I was up for one in October and I never got around to it.

Lately I have been getting headaches and noticed that things are blurry again and made an eye appointment for last Tuesday. I had to make sure Jason was available to take me there because I have to have the glaucoma test and my eyes have to be dilated.

I was so excited that this year I didn't have to get the puff of air in my eye! They did drops for that this year, and then used a BRIGHT Blue light to check it out. That was so cool. The dilation wasn't a huge deal, but it was kinda funny trying to look at frames and see how I look in them with not being able to see the best, lol.

Speaking of trying on frames, I think I tried on close to 75 pairs of frames. YIKES! I miss the gal that has been there for the last couple of years helping me. She always found frames that fit my face shape. This gal, I kept telling her that I didn't like square frames and that's all she kept having me try on. I did try them on, but they looked so funny on me!

I really wasn't finding anything I liked, which wasn't a huge deal, because I *love* my black pair of glasses that I got last year. I was just going to get the lens replaced in those and possibly come back and order a new pair since I have money in my reimbursement account. The very last pair that I tried on, I really liked. Jason really liked them, and the gal said that they worked with my face. Then they had a buy one get one free pair deal going on. I decided to get a pair of sunglasses for that. I figure that would be a very good idea. I got a cool pair of those, at least I really like them. Once my new glasses come in, I will be ordering glasses for the pair that I wear all the time now. As a back-up pair and since I love them, and since I have money in my account.

But the best news was MY EYES GOT BETTER. Yes, you read that right, after years and years, of my eyes getting worse, THEY GOT BETTER!!!!!! Can you tell I'm just a little bit excited about that? My prescription went down by two steps she said. She thought that part of why my eyes got better was because I have a new job and am not staring at the computer monitor all day ever day. I still can't believe my eyes got better. She said my eye glasses should help with my headaches as well, since my current prescription is too strong.

Now to wait two weeks for my glasses to come in. :) I can't wait!

1 comment:

blessedabundantly said...

How cool your eyes got better. :)

I hate picking out frames. It takes forever and I have a weird shaped head. LOL

Glad to hear you found some you like. :)