Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday!

I'm so happy it's Friday! The weekend is here, yay! Two days without work, what could be better.


With what I found out at work this week, I was feeling down, and then on Mama Central, Ma said, "I do give myself a pat on the back here.....you did take with you one very important lesson that I taught you....to give 110% at your job." You know what, that is so true. I do *everything* that is asked of me and then more at my job. If I can say so myself, I do a damn good job there. I've spent quite a bit of time in prayer and thinking lately. With mom's comment and the more I think about it, the more I realize I'm not giving 110% here at home. That is my "job" first and foremost. To take care of my husband and our house. I'm going to do a *much* better job at that. I decided that there is no time like the present to start.


Typically Friday evenings are my nights to do whatever I want since Jason goes to work at 6 p.m. Tonight, as usual, I ask him if there is anything he wanted me to do besides bake cookies. He looked at me, kissed me, and said, "I want you to play Halo all night." Isn't that so sweet? He doesn't care that there is a huge pile of laundry to do, my work clothes tossed over a chair in the living room, a pile of mail and other crap on the table, he told me to relax. Typically I do spend my Friday nights either scrapbooking or playing video games. Tonight though, I didn't.


Instead, I baked about 3 dozen cookies, 2 dozen biscuits (WOW, that was a HUGE recipe!!), did 3 loads of laundry, folded said laundry, cleaned up the clothes in the living room, washed the shower curtain and shower curtain liner, the mat in the bottom of the bathtub, organized the pantry, replied to a couple of emails, and pulled all of the wedding photos from last weekend into a different folder, and started editing those photos. Granted, I didn't do all that much, but it felt good to get things checked off of my list.


*topic change*

Lately, I have noticed that I have been more content at home. I am so grateful and blessed for what I have. For what God has given me. I may not have the best, most perfect house, but it is home. For that I am grateful. I am so blessed to have Jason as my husband. He is so good to me in so many ways. I still wonder what I ever done to deserve Jason as my husband. I love him so much. I feel like we are so much closer than we used to be. I feel like I am the luckiest woman in the world.


Aside from Jason making me so happy, you know what else makes me happy? Dum-Dum suckers. Yup, those little suckers that you get from when you went into the bank or bank drive through with Ma. I love those little suckers, especially the watermelon ones. I bought a bag when we were at Bob and Jan's wedding. Didn't break them open until we got home, but that dish of suckers makes me happy. Nothing like Dum-Dum's to do that. :)


Speaking of Bob and Jan's wedding, I had a great time!! Nothing like seeing and spending time with family. I had a blast. It's funny how going to a wedding brings back memories of your own memory. Despite everything that went wrong on our wedding day, our wedding was unique and I wouldn't change the experience for anything in the world. It was a wonderful day.


To close, I will share a pic of Jason and I at Bob and Jan's wedding. I may share more as I get them edited. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amber,
I love reading your blog. I wish I had more time to read it. You and your Ma always inspire me, such hard workers! :)
I think it perfectly fine to be content at home. I am to the point I hate going shopping now. Egads! :)
God Bless,
Michele