Friday, September 28, 2007

First Design Team Project {Baby Time Capsule}

This is my first design team project that I did for TJ's, the local LSS. Here is their website: http://www.tjspicturesandpapers.com/


They gave me baby papers and a Bare Elements Wine Container and told me to go at it! This project I had so much fun with since I typically don't do baby stuff. :) As always, you can click on the pictures to see them larger.


















I thought baby quilt and went with that theme for the outside. All of the squares are individually cut and the edges inked and sealed with my favorite Mod Podge.

The inside the baby booties are sewed onto the ribbon and the three envelopes I was thinking a letter from mom, a letter from dad and a keepsake envelope for the baby bracelet, first lock of hair, etc. The scrolls are "Firsts" and "On the Day You Were Born". Basic firsts like step, smile, solid food, etc. On the day you were born I included president, world headlines, local headlines, price of gas, popular music, etc.

This was such a fun project! I can't wait to see what they have me do next!!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

That is absolutely GREAT! What a neat idea!

Jason said...

That was fun helping you think of ideas... well, only if it was a couple small ones. I think it turned out better than they were expecting!