Tuesday, October 16, 2007

mmmm....pumpkin

Pumpkin is one of my favorite foods ever! I have always loved pumpkin pie and last fall I lived on the Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks. I was thrilled when I discovered that Dairy Queen had a pumpkin pie blizzard. This year we went to Coldstone, an ice cream place, and they had pumpkin ice cream! It was so yummy! But Coldstone is very expensive. I decided to look and see if I can't make my own pumpkin ice cream and I did and it was so yummy.

Here is the recipe. The original was from allrecipes, but I didn't add everything that they said I should.

Pumpkin Ice Cream

1-15 oz can pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened

In a large bowl (I used my mixer bowl), combine pumpkin, sugar, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix until well blended. Fold in ice cream. I had a hard time mixing and plopped the bowl on my mixer and let the Kitchen Aid do most of the work. I just let it go until it looked to be well blended.

Transfer into another bowl and freeze until firm.

This is what it looked like after it was mixed.


















Of course I was too into the ice cream after it was froze to take another picture, but it is delish and tastes just like pumpkin pie! I decided I'm going to make this for a pot luck at work. It will be so yummy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you take 1/2 gallon ice cream and add a full large can of frozen orange juice it tastes just like the old fashioned dreamcycles of my youth! Yes that was a long long time ago!

hugs
ma

blessedabundantly said...

YUM!!! I am so going to have to try this.