Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Catch Up Post!

Well I've obviously failed at my photo a day for the month of January, lol. Well, let's not look at it as a failure, I got part of the month done, better than none. :)

My birthday was on January 24 and Jason took me to a *very* nice hotel, on Friday, January 26 and we went to the mall and Ikea. It was so much fun! We stayed at Hotel Sofitel. Wow. I want that bed and shower, LOL. Very upscale and elegant, not anything like the Days Inn's that we usually stay in, LOL. I'm hoping we can stay there again when Jason's brother gets married in April. The wedding is up in the cities somewhere, so I'm hoping it's close to the hotel and that we can afford it. :) Also for my birthday Jason got me the book "Created to be His Helpmeet." I've started to read it and really like it so far. I need to pick it back up again. I got sidetracked my a couple of other books I'm reading. I seriously have 3 books started right now.

I was off on January 24-26 and on January 25 I did some baking. I received some Amish Friendship Bread starter, and had already split it once and had no idea who I would give the other starters to, so I decided that I would just bake it all up. I had 10 loaves of bread! WOW, that is a ton of bread, LOL. The freezer is well stocked with 5 varieties of snack breads, plus the one loaf left over from before. :)

Speaking of baking, I'm still baking our own bread! I'm so proud of myself that I have kept with it. Granted it's not that hard to do since I'm blessed with a bread machine, but for the longest time I never used it. I'm making two different kinds, the Crust Cuban for me, and the Softest Ever Bread for Jason. About every week to week and a half I'm making bread, but it's all good and it smells delish when it's cooking, love that bread.

I'm still on the search for an Apron. I'm seriously considering making myself one and also making curtains for my scrapbooking room. It seems like all of the curtains I'm falling in love with are so expensive, and I don't need or want anything expensive. Plus it would put my sewing machine to good use. Ma, I want to go through the patterns that I brought up to you. I'm going to borrow a couple of them back, LOL. I'm pretty sure I have a curtain pattern and maybe even an apron one. :) Don't worry I don't take back any of the fabric I gave you, LOL.

Since I'm still on the topic of sewing, I just read a book called "Wedding Ring" (can't remember the author right now, it escapes me) and that book really has inspired me to try to quilt. I am going to try to make a quilt, even though I can't figure out how to thread my sewing machine right now, LOL. I'm going to find a very basic, easy pattern I like, buy some fabric (when it's on sale at Hobby Lobby of course) and make a quilt. I hope it turns out. But I don't know when I'm going to start that, lol.

After seeing what some of these people are knitting on 2peas, I want to knit. But I was hopeless at crocheting, so I don't think I'm a good fit for that, LOL. All I managed to learn how to do was the chain stitch.

I was reading the Biblical Womanhood blog and they Crystal had an anti procrastination list going, of things to accomplish that she has been putting off. Following her lead, I'm starting a list. There are a million things I could put on there, but I'm going try to keep it simple.

Amber's Anti-Procrastination List
-Finish off a CJ book that I've had for too long.
-Start going through my scrapbook area. Fill at least one paper box of things to go. (had to make this one measurable. :))
-Make hearts for retirement party at work
-Make scrapbook for retirement party at work
-Submit pictures to ScrapSubmit
-Do at least 4 LO's in February for me. Not to give away.
-Look into starting my own business.
-Create budget.
-Read Creating to Be His Helpmeet.
-Get all my Stampin' Up orders delivered.

Ok, that's long enough. :)

While I was typing that I realized that I needed to deep clean each room of the house. I deep cleaned the bathroom last Sunday and boy does it look great! I hate cleaning and tend not to do it. But on Sunday I scrubbed the walls, the ceiling, washed the window, mirrors, scrubbed the floorboards, the floor, the tub, sink, went through everything on the few shelves we have and organized it all. It took much longer than it should have, but boy does it look great for an old bathroom. :) I think the next room that I'm going to tackle is the kitchen. That room I'm going to break it down though, since it's bigger. Do it in chunks I believe. Make it seem more manageable to me.

Well this was an epic length catch up post and I'm sure that you are bored by now and that your cup of coffee and snack are long gone, so I'm going to end this. :) I'm going to try harder to update more so I don't have to have epic length posts, lol. :)

2 comments:

Amy Purdy said...

Sorry it's belated but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Amber said...

Thank you Amy!! :)